Do you ever wonder what KOK is telling Ricky?

no kidding. we gameplan for 1 set for 1st and 2nd down and then 3rd down we go to a 3 receiver set and run about 4 plays out of each set.

and why is it then in every 2 minute offense situation this year he keeps on throwing two yard slants and five yard in routes when we need to drive 70 yards

I dont know what KOK is telling Ricki on the sideline, I'm only half way through "play calling for dummies"

I think their conversations go a little something like this...

KOK-I don't know, what do you want to do?
Stanzi-I don't know, what do you want to do?
KOK- Who cares, let's just throw a fade.

Ken O'Keefe
Okay... so let's run that trick play we have- end around to #26 what's his name again?

WAIT... Ricky try this- they've been catching onto our trick play. Let's really get creative and run the trick play... but let's run it to the OTHER side and to DJK- that should shut up those idiot message board posters.

I don't know about Rick, but I do remember what Drew Tate said to him many times. "Get the (expletive) play in!!!!!" Wish I could have found a video.

I don't know about Rick, but I do remember what Drew Tate said to him many times. "Get the (expletive) play in!!!!!" Wish I could have found a video.

Shouldn't take much to find that - I think I saw Drew Tate say that almost every game his jr and sr seasons. I know the goal for at least one offense I was once associated w/ was to break the huddle w/ 18 sec's left on the play clock. I'm fairly confident that isn't the goal of the Mad Scientist / Evil Genius. (KOK texted me earlier today and asked me to spread his 2 favorite nicknames...told him I'd see what I could do.)

KOK: So be honest. How do you like running my NFL-style offense?
RS: Ummh, Yeah, I suppose I like it well enough.
KOK: You do realize I have coached a lot of good quarterbacks? I have made them into really good quarterbacks.
RS: Do you really think I could be the first quarterback you have coached make an NFL roster?
KOK: God, I hope so. Coach has been giving me s*** about being the only positional coach to not have one of his guys in the Big Dance.
RS: Really?
KOK: No, just kidding. Coach doesn't give me crap as long as I keep the exotics out of the game plan. The one thing he really couldn't understand about Coach Fry.
Wait. Someone is saying something to me in my headset.
Coach is out of gum. Hang on.
RS: Hey they reset the playclock. It is almost out.
KOK: OK. Are we in the 2-minute? I forget.
RS: Is that the thing we practiced during spring ball?
KOK: You mean this year?
RS: Maybe it was last year.
KOK: Doesn't matter. Just don't throw an interception.
RS: Gotcha.
KOK: You are so much more respectful than that Tate kid. Now run out there and spike it. Remember we are out of time-outs. Used two during that first possession of the 2nd half.
RS: OK. Then what?
KOK: Not sure. I will let you know. Hey, should I stick with the sunglasses?

Last edited:
KOK: So be honest. How do you like running my NFL-style offense?
RS: Ummh, Yeah, I suppose I like it well enough.
KOK: You do realize I have coached a lot of good quarterbacks? I have made them into really good quarterbacks.
RS: Do you really think I could be the first quarterback you have coached make an NFL roster?
KOK: God, I hope so. Coach has been giving me s*** about being the only positional coach to not have one of his guys in the Big Dance.
RS: Really?
KOK: No, just kidding. Coach doesn't give me crap as long as I keep the exotics out of the game plan. The one thing he really couldn't understand about Coach Fry.
Wait. Someone is saying something to me in my headset.
Coach is out of gum. Hang on.
RS: Hey they reset the playclock. It is almost out.
KOK: OK. Are we in the 2-minute? I forget.
RS: Is that the thing we practiced during spring ball?
KOK: You mean this year?
RS: Maybe it was last year.
KOK: Doesn't matter. Just don't throw an interception.
RS: Gotcha.
KOK: You are so much more respectful than that Tate kid. Now run out there and spike it. Remember we are out of time-outs. Used two during that first possession of the 2nd half.
RS: OK. Then what?
KOK: Not sure. I will let you know. Hey, should I stick with the sunglasses?

Good stuff. :)

RS: What should we do?
KOK: Run it up the middle. We depend on our defense all the time anyway. If we lose we just blame them.

KOK: Whatever you do, don't throw the ball out of bounds. Heave it out there; someone wearing the same color shirt should grab it.
RS: It's great to an American.

KOK: OK, here's what we do...
RS: Wait coach, someone's talking in my headset...
KOK: That's me.
RS: Uh, oh... hey coach, those guys in purple don't seem American to me...
KOK: Not now, Ricky... we've only got 39 seconds until the half, and, wait, SPIKE IT!!!
RS: er, OK, coach. Isn't that gonna hurt my stat line for the NFL?
KOK: It's what the boss wants, I'm good with it. NFL execs will be impressed with you having more losses than INT's this year!!
RS: Good plan, coach. Thanks for all you've done to me this year.
KOK: My pleasure, Ricky. Just make sure we get you over to the UofI hospitals to get that anti-INT chip removed from your head...
RS: I love you, coach.
KOK: I love you too, son.

Latest posts