Do you believe Te'o and ND?

Do you believe Te'o and ND?

• Yes, catfish victim

Votes: 7 10.6%
  • Ah Hell No

Votes: 59 89.4%

• Total voters
I believe that ND believes Te'o and will stick by him like a wife who doesn't want to believe her husband is a cheater.

I don't believe Te'o for a second.

"The sheer quantity of falsehoods about Manti's relationship with Lennay makes that friend, and another relative of Ronaiah's, believe Te'o had to know the truth. Mostly, though, the friend simply couldn't believe that Te'o would be stupid enough—or Ronaiah Tuiasosopo clever enough—to sustain the relationship for nearly a year."

He said he had met up with her. How do you not know about it when you claim to have met the lady.

I agree but his answer to this was "meeting" online

What I cant get past is if he was truly in love with this person dying of cancer wouldnt you go meet them in person? Thats the biggest hole

I agree but his answer to this was "meeting" online

That's just what Swarbrick says Teo told him.

Swarbrick is going to believe whatever Teo says and you'd have to believe Teo knows that.

The kid is either involved or he is mentally handicapped.

several times he is quoted saying he met her here, or there, or at the supposed Stanford game. blah, blah. looks like the media is believing Te'o and his side of the story. dude knew. not sure why he'd go to lengths like this. especially in the age of skype, no reason that you'd have a "girlfriend" and have never seen her. some of the stories told to the press were waaay over the top. can't believe the media isn't coming down on him harder.

Throw on top the paragraph from Woj about his interview..

Well, I sat across from him and I was moved by his story and it was heartbreaking and heartwarming and as it turns out totally untrue. But short of asking to see a death certificate, I'm not sure what most people would do differently in that case. But in researching it before I wrote the ******, I remember trying to find an obituary for his girlfriend and could not. And couldn't find any record of this car accident. But we asked Manti, could we contact Lennay's family and he said the family would prefer not to be contacted. Could we have some photos of Lennay? He said the family would prefer not to provide those. And so in that instance, and at that moment, you simply think that you have to respect those wishes. But in retrospect, you can see where some of those things simply were not adding up to make sense. Easy to say now. At the time it every enters your mind somebody was involved in that kind of hoax

Throw on top the paragraph from Woj about his interview..

Well, I sat across from him and I was moved by his story and it was heartbreaking and heartwarming and as it turns out totally untrue. But short of asking to see a death certificate, I'm not sure what most people would do differently in that case. But in researching it before I wrote the ******, I remember trying to find an obituary for his girlfriend and could not. And couldn't find any record of this car accident. But we asked Manti, could we contact Lennay's family and he said the family would prefer not to be contacted. Could we have some photos of Lennay? He said the family would prefer not to provide those. And so in that instance, and at that moment, you simply think that you have to respect those wishes. But in retrospect, you can see where some of those things simply were not adding up to make sense. Easy to say now. At the time it every enters your mind somebody was involved in that kind of hoax

That's some good journalism ESPN.

with all this info already out there, how can he say (with a "straight" face) that he was duped? i don't get how people are buying his story.

That's some good journalism ESPN.

Yeah, no kidding. This kid pulled a bonehead maneuver on a grand scale, but these name brand so-called "news outlets" have some *SERIOUS* explaining to do. The sob story was just too damn juicy to pass up - that's a poor excuse for bad journalism... :(

Yeah, no kidding. This kid pulled a bonehead maneuver on a grand scale, but these name brand so-called "news outlets" have some *SERIOUS* explaining to do. The sob story was just too damn juicy to pass up - that's a poor excuse for bad journalism... :(

To me this part of the story is almost as fascinating. How many interviews did he give where he talked abotu it and no one tried to contact her family or look into her background at all?

WHEN IS TEH SPORTS MEDIA GOIN TO START RESEARCHING PUFF PIECES!!! SRS BIZNESS AND WHATEVER!

To me this part of the story is almost as fascinating. How many interviews did he give where he talked abotu it and no one tried to contact her family or look into her background at all?

People asked, but Te'o told them to leave her family alone because they were grieving.

People asked, but Te'o told them to leave her family alone because they were grieving.

Yeah and no one thought that since there was actually no obit or record of the girl ever existing any where they should look into it more? Gene Woj even admitted that he thought it was shady but didn't follow up.

with all this info already out there, how can he say (with a "straight" face) that he was duped? i don't get how people are buying his story.

Of course, he'll go to the NFL Combine and score a 4 on the Wonderlic and say, "see, I told you I was stupid".

Latest posts