Do we need to worry about Marble going pro now?

I'm hoping whomever has Dev's ear will counsel him on doing the smart thing and has him working on his weaknesses and returning for his senior year.

Not worried about him leaving early but last night was the first time that I thought he may have a shot after next year.

this he wouldn't even sniff of getting drafted this year, but if he could put together games like last night could be last 2nd round guy

He's going to come back to be the first B1G POY from Iowa.

Even though B1G POY isn't much of an indicator for NBA Success:

1995–96 Brian Evans
1996–97 Bobby Jackson[a]
1997–98 Mateen Cleaves
1998–99† Mateen Cleaves (2)
1998–99† Scoonie Penn
1999–00† A. J. Guyton
1999–00† Morris Peterson
2000–01 Frank Williams
2001–02 Jared Jeffries
2002–03 Brian Cook Illinois
2003–04 Devin Harris
2004–05 Dee Brown
2005–06 Terence Dials
2006–07 Alando Tucker
2007–08 D. J. White Indiana
2008–09 Kalin Lucas
2009–10 Evan Turner*
2010–11 JaJuan Johnson
2011–12 Draymond Green
2012–13 Trey Burke

Last edited:
NIT runs don't get you to the pros. He's played well in this tournament but if he thinks that gets him drafted than it's not going to happen.

If he plays well next year and gets drafted I'm going to have to dig up where I said he'd be a late 2nd round pick last year.

Caller on KXNO brought up that he is playing so well right now, maybe he considers it?

No.

There are more people than ever, with internet/radio/twitter/media access, (and just as many gullible people willing to give whatever they say serious consideration.) That doesn't mean they know what they're talking about.

No.

There are more people than ever, with internet/radio/twitter/media access, (and just as many gullible people willing to give whatever they say serious consideration.) That doesn't mean they know what they're talking about.

This isn't just anyone were talking about though. It's a guy who called into a sports talk show.

This isn't just anyone were talking about though. It's a guy who called into a sports talk show.

I might be one of those guys some day. Miller gave me my shot, begged me to call in, but I was too drunk and didn't want to get him in trouble with the government or anything. In hindsight, I can't believe I passed up an opportunity to talk to a Hawkeye Legend.

That Legend was Jim Zabel.

Caller on KXNO brought up that he is playing so well right now, maybe he considers it?

You sure you ain't a clown troll? You're quite the little cyclone cheerleader on the rivalry board:

Ejim and Ning will be tough to handle. I think they will be a bubble team. They got shooters coming in, better outside shooters than on this team, IMO.

SMH at my fellow hawk fans even thinking that Marble would leave after this year. Please, don't be that person. First of all, he is not good enough to make it in the league and if you think he is at this point then you are one of those people. The same type of person that talked about Vince Young being "the greatest college football player ever" after he ran for that TD in the title game against USC.

You will find that Marble barely shot 40% from the field this year. He has less steals, blocks and assists (due to Gessel taking point). His 3 pt. % is at 33% this year as compared to 39% last year. He also turned the ball over more this year than last year.

I am just saying that many of you need chill and not blow this dude up into something that he isn't. He is a good player that needs to improve his game and become more consistent if he even wants to make it to the league. Right now he wouldn't even be able to be allowed to wash Kobe's dirty socks.

I love my hawks, but I also don't smoke whatever is being passed around.

Last edited:
I love the condescending post from the guy who thinks Texas and Ohio State played in a BCS national title game.

The way he has been playing I would guess that he will go through the process of getting info from the pros on what they think about his game and what he needs to do to have a chance next year. But he will not leave early. He is solid and has stepped his game up but he still has a lot to develop.

Dev has said he will be back and I believe his word is trusted.

Beyond that, Roy Sr said Dev wants to stay because he sees that he can be the leader on a good team- make his own history. That could get him drafted. The NIT is just the beginning.

I might be one of those guys some day. Miller gave me my shot, begged me to call in, but I was too drunk and didn't want to get him in trouble with the government or anything. In hindsight, I can't believe I passed up an opportunity to talk to a Hawkeye Legend.

That Legend was Jim Zabel.

Opportunity knocked, you were passed out. You'll never know the intricacies of the Maid-rite.:(