Do we have any chance against 3rd Ranked Purdue?

Fran has only lost once to Purdue at Carver.....

He is 5-1.....

Including beating the #6 Boilermakers his very first year at Iowa.....

The only loss at Carver was by 3 points his second year.....

And last season the Hawks beat # 16 Purdue at Carver. Yeah, Bo and the Lads beat them soundly at Carver.....

:cool:

11am tips are weird. I feel like the last time iowa tipped off this early was in the cayman islands. That went really well for them...

But no, Iowa is not winning this game.

They should not have even won the second year Byrd (who stunk) got away with fouling repeatedly, and he got lucky bounces all game. He really stunk. Iowa always outplays them at CHA, and tomorrow will be no exception. Iowa 88 Purdont 80.

4c6f20a7541f6.image.jpg

As long as this guy isn't officiating, we'll win.

(If you have to ask, nevermind)

Probably not much chance. Something tells me Iowa will come out ready to play for this one, with the #3 ranked team coming in and all the recent negativity they'll play with a chip on their shoulders imo and it'll be closer than some think, but still probably a double digit loss in the end.

Either that, or the team has packed it in and it'll be a woodshed beating.

Probably not much chance. Something tells me Iowa will come out ready to play for this one, with the #3 ranked team coming in and all the recent negativity they'll play with a chip on their shoulders imo and it'll be closer than some think, but still probably a double digit loss in the end.

Either that, or the team has packed it in and it'll be a woodshed beating.

Agreed. If Iowa doesn’t come out and at least be competitive, the disconnect that Fran has with this team is bigger problem than I thought.

No we have NO chance to beat Purdue today. As a matter of fact give the 12 points and load up on Purdue. Might be the easiest bet of the year if you do those things.

Fran has only lost once to Purdue at Carver.....

He is 5-1.....

Including beating the #6 Boilermakers his very first year at Iowa.....

The only loss at Carver was by 3 points his second year.....

And last season the Hawks beat # 16 Purdue at Carver. Yeah, Bo and the Lads beat them soundly at Carver.....

Purdue and Michigan... 2 Good programs that Fran has handled.

Of course Michigan did beat this team earlier this year so I’m not too hopeful.

I believe Fran's teams have also handled OSU both at home and at their place and we had 0 chance of winning at CH this year. Same disclaimer on this team as on the stock market "Past performance is no indicator of future performance...."

Hope we play and stay in the game for a while. If we fall behind by 20 in the first half we will never be able to come back.....

Going to be interesting. Purdue, despite our record, will not be taking us lightly. Losing to Fran his first year when they were ranked #6 was humiliating for them. Also losing last season at Carver also was painful for them, probably dropped them a spot or two in the Dance.....

Just looking for a solid effort today.....

Agreed. If Iowa doesn’t come out and at least be competitive, the disconnect that Fran has with this team is bigger problem than I thought.

It's 24-6 Purdue leads almost half way through the 1st half. Ugly.

Latest posts