Do we deserve the Insight??

SmalltownHawk

I'm a HUGE Hawkeye fan but I've gotten more realistic in my years. I want us to go to the best possible destination and that seems to be the AZ or FLA, depending on your preference. But is our team really good enough to be chosen ahead of the likes of Penn St.? I know that they've got tons of baggage, but the kids on this year's teams did nothing and they're getting penalized, in dramatic fashion, especially the seniors.

We'll probably do a good job of creating a game plan for our opponenet, because we usually do. We'll make the game close, win or lose, because we usually do. I will just be upset, if we come out and use McNutt to the best of his abilitiy, and come out with a different than normal gameplan, but still using the run to set up the pass.

I will never forget the Orange Bowl against Tech when we threw multiple jump balls to McNutt in the corner on a fade, and he came up with one in the 1st half. I was thinking to myself, 'Where was this all year?'

Another Insight win could catapult us into next year. We need something. Our schedule is AGAIN set up to do well, and the BIG division title is up for grabs next year.

smalltownhawk=smallthinkinghawk.

deserve got nuttin to do with it.......you should let Kurt Ferrenz know your thoughts, and suggest that he opt out or let the powers that be that Iowa isn't deserving this year.....

Sure we deserve to play in the Insight or Gator, or a lesser bowl.

The bowls are about TV and travel money first, secondarily about team success or matchups. The Rose Bowl is the only bowl that still has a solid conference tie in that only occasionally gets messed up by the BCS.

We are bowl eligible but will not be playing in a BCS game. Outside of those two points, the bowl game becomes irrelevant.

If there is one thing us as fan can do is to travel and to support the hell out of the hawks.. This is would be our doing if Iowa gets chosen over teams with better records like Penn state.. 12th man like mentality..

Go hawks!!!

Iowa fans have shown they will travel to bowls. Iowa has won 7 games. the insight has the option of who they chose.

so to answer your question: yes

I'm a HUGE Hawkeye fan but I've gotten more realistic in my years. I want us to go to the best possible destination and that seems to be the AZ or FLA, depending on your preference. But is our team really good enough to be chosen ahead of the likes of Penn St.? I know that they've got tons of baggage, but the kids on this year's teams did nothing and they're getting penalized, in dramatic fashion, especially the seniors.

We'll probably do a good job of creating a game plan for our opponenet, because we usually do. We'll make the game close, win or lose, because we usually do. I will just be upset, if we come out and use McNutt to the best of his abilitiy, and come out with a different than normal gameplan, but still using the run to set up the pass.

I will never forget the Orange Bowl against Tech when we threw multiple jump balls to McNutt in the corner on a fade, and he came up with one in the 1st half. I was thinking to myself, 'Where was this all year?'

Another Insight win could catapult us into next year. We need something. Our schedule is AGAIN set up to do well, and the BIG division title is up for grabs next year.

who gives a flyin $%$@ if we deserve it...we received an early xmas present...not gonna complain one bit about this one..you enjoy yourself dwelling though

Draw a line below all bowls inferior to the Outback Bowl- nobody deserves a bowl bid below that but that is not the point of the bowl season. It is to extract additional $ from our pocket and it works really, really well.

I was pretty surprised to see us draw OU, a 9-3 team. I am glad we did, the better team we draw the better for our program I think, but pretty odd to draw a 9-3 team as a 7-5 team...

I was pretty surprised to see us draw OU, a 9-3 team. I am glad we did, the better team we draw the better for our program I think, but pretty odd to draw a 9-3 team as a 7-5 team...

Seems like it happens most years. Last year I think Missouri had 10 wins..

Latest posts