Do Not Rush The Field

Do you not realize how absolutely ridiculous it would look for the fan base of the #3 team in the nation to rush the field winning a game you’re a favorite in? I can’t recall watching a game like this between two top five teams where the home team fans rush the field when they win. It would look embarrassing on national television w/ as highly ranked as Iowa is.
This happens all the time in high ranking games - fields and courts are stormed, journalists are outraged, colleges feel like losers.... Oh wait, ESPN plays the video of the rushing over and over again talking about a crazy atmosphere? Only the losing team gets outraged? No one gives a damn one week later??

Do it.

Do you not realize how absolutely ridiculous it would look for the fan base of the #3 team in the nation to rush the field winning a game you’re a favorite in? I can’t recall watching a game like this between two top five teams where the home team fans rush the field when they win. It would look embarrassing on national television w/ as highly ranked as Iowa is.

The only way Iowa fans storm the field is if Iowa wins. Who gives a shit if it's embarrassing. If we win that puts a strangle hold on the division and further more it's a win for us against a top 5 program. While I agree that I don't really see why a higher ranked team would storm the field, if the fans do it so what. I see it having zero effect on the image of the program (or the fanbase) in the event they would storm.

Recruits.

Recruits recruits recruits.

Beating Penn State in a sold out #3/4 matchup at Kinninck and college kids rushing the field would be fucking spectacular.

Do it. Who gives a F if a bunch of washed-up, peaked-in-high school 42 year old football fans who think they’re smarter than Brian Ferentz (99% of HN including myself) think it’s lame?

FYI, Brands has a WHOLE lot of top wrestling recruits here for the weekend. This thing is important, fellas.

Carpe diem, I say. My son and I were at the 2017 OSU woodshed game. He was on crutches because he had broken his leg the week before playing offensive tackle in a high school game. I remember telling him during the second half that this was a game he'd remember for the rest of his life.

Even though he was on crutches, he wanted to go down on the field. I have a picture of him in a mass of humanity on the Tiger Hawk at midfield, with a big smile on his face.

Unfortunately, the rest of his life wasn't very long. He died in a car accident last February. I cherish that picture, and am awfully damn glad he wanted to go on the field. No regrets.

As great of a 'I wish this is how it was' kinda thing I can't get on board with it. There's 80 plus recruits expected to be there. With some 5 star studs that we are really in on. If ole Shudek gets to add his name to the list of kickers that can finish off a big game or any other kind of dramatic ending then let the kids be kids and celebrate the shit out of it. As big as this game is going to be in the moment and for this season it has an even larger impact then that possibly.

Half empty with this take, I'm guessing you weren't around in 1985?

iowa-football-iowa.gif

AdeptJovialHectorsdolphin-size_restricted.gif

Fine, rush the field.

Just don't act like a bunch of f'king-Bucky-tards

Recruits.

Recruits recruits recruits.

Beating Penn State in a sold out #3/4 matchup at Kinninck and college kids rushing the field would be fucking spectacular.

Do it. Who gives a F if a bunch of washed-up, peaked-in-high school 42 year old football fans who think they’re smarter than Brian Ferentz (99% of HN including myself) think it’s lame?

FYI, Brands has a WHOLE lot of top wrestling recruits here for the weekend. This thing is important, fellas.

Sooooo....what do you think? Should we do it?

I’m in 211 about halfway up. By the time I get down there the lights will probably be off for the night
You gotta want it! After the 2017 OSU game, I made it down to the field from row 75 in section 108 (these are great seats BTW). However, we all got a head start with a couple minutes left in the game.

It was already slim pickens when I bought our tickets in early September for this game. I settled for section 211, row 36. I was worried the view wouldn't be that good, but I found a picture taken from this area online and it doesn't look too bad.

After reading the responses on here I'd like to retract my previous post. Rush the field if you so desire if we win. Games of this magnitude are few and far between in our kneck of the woods. Soak it in and enjoy the ride boys!

I have rushed the field twice in my life. The first was in 1985 when I was as a student. The second was in 2016 as a parent of an Iowa cheerleader. (Ironically, both were against Michigan!) Somehow my daughter and I found each other in that mass of humanity and being able to relive it with her is a memory I will always treasure.

Rush the field.

If the ending warrants it, rush the damn field. Have fun. Its college football.

Biggest regret of my Hawkeye fan career was not joining the kids when they rushed the field against Michigan. I was with a buddy who was a Michigan fan and didn't want to leave him alone crying. So, I missed my chance to stand on the 50.
Was your friend this guy?

Attachments

• 01F453BB-9B81-40F8-81A8-C8FCAC1C0E33.jpeg
    01F453BB-9B81-40F8-81A8-C8FCAC1C0E33.jpeg
    957.1 KB · Views: 16
Bullshit! Rush the field and tear down those goal posts and celebrate like its 1999.

I have very fond memories of doing this. I loved being on the field after a big win.

I made the front page of the gazette on top of the cross bar. Cannot find that image anywhere. I want it framed.

Pardon me.....

Did you mention 1999

The only way Iowa fans storm the field is if Iowa wins. Who gives a shit if it's embarrassing. If we win that puts a strangle hold on the division and further more it's a win for us against a top 5 program. While I agree that I don't really see why a higher ranked team would storm the field, if the fans do it so what. I see it having zero effect on the image of the program (or the fanbase) in the event they would storm.

Absolutely Nothing embarrassing about it At All

Rather exhilarating, in fact

Latest posts