Do Not Rush The Field

Glass1/2fullguy

I don’t care if we win on a pick six, last second FG, or blow PSU out of the water. Spread the rumor NOT to rush the field when the Hawks win. It’s one thing when the Hawks are unranked and upset a top 10 team but the Hawks are ranked #3 in the nation and higher than PSU. There will be a ton of eyeballs on this game so let’s act like we were supposed to win when we actually do win.

Meh, sometimes there is just a mood or vibe in a stadium that grows as the game goes on. If you feel like rushing the field, then rush the field. Why kill a good buzz? Let the fans have some fun.

I remember once Iowa was playing Minnesota at Kinnick, and the fans decided to rush the field after the game. Other than Iowa winning big that day, there was nothing special about the win. There were no championships or special steaks on the line. Nothing memorable about the game at all. Except the fans were in a good mood and decided to rush the field for the fun of it.

Meh, sometimes there is just a mood or vibe in a stadium that grows as the game goes on. If you feel like rushing the field, then rush the field. Why kill a good buzz? Let the fans have some fun.

I remember once Iowa was playing Minnesota at Kinnick, and the fans decided to rush the field after the game. Other than Iowa winning big that day, there was nothing special about the win. There were no championships or special steaks on the line. Nothing memorable about the game at all. Except the fans were in a good mood and decided to rush the field for the fun of it.
Do you not realize how absolutely ridiculous it would look for the fan base of the #3 team in the nation to rush the field winning a game you’re a favorite in? I can’t recall watching a game like this between two top five teams where the home team fans rush the field when they win. It would look embarrassing on national television w/ as highly ranked as Iowa is.

If we win, the field is getting rushed. For this program, beating AP #4 (and a relatively brand name #4 at that), it doesn't really matter what the Hawks are ranked or what the line was, people are going to be jacked.

We're in near perpetual underdog mentality - fans and players alike. Tbh, it's kinda our thing and seems to work.

Also, considering most of your rushers are going to be college kids or people that are the "kid at heart" type, you'd have better luck spreading a rumor that everyone is *supposed* to rush the field. At least a few of them wouldn't do it to spite The Establishment.

Do you not realize how absolutely ridiculous it would look for the fan base of the #3 team in the nation to rush the field winning a game you’re a favorite in? I can’t recall watching a game like this between two top five teams where the home team fans rush the field when they win. It would look embarrassing on national television w/ as highly ranked as Iowa is.
Worst take I’ve maybe ever read. If Iowa wins this game, their will be no embarrassment by anyone associated with Iowa football

Bullshit! Rush the field and tear down those goal posts and celebrate like its 1999.

I have very fond memories of doing this. I loved being on the field after a big win.

I made the front page of the gazette on top of the cross bar. Cannot find that image anywhere. I want it framed.

Who cares. Iowa isn't some perennial national power. The optics will look great to the potential recruits that are at the game. Don't think the OP is from a clown fan, but it is definitely clown like logic.

Of course, #1 Iowa in 85 rushed the field after they beat #2 Michigan. I don't remember who was favored in that game going into it. That said, I can take value in the OP's view in acting like we have been there before. On the other hand, it can also be a great visual scene and showing the emotion and devotion of the fanbase in jubilant, mass celebration.

Timing and circumstances probably mean the most here.

Last edited:
After the Rob Houghtlin kick, Iowa rushed the field. It didn't tarnish the victory.

After winning the Big Ten, Iowa rushed the field. I know. I was there. I was on that field.

Iowa hasn't been here since 1985. Not in these kids' lifetimes at home. I hope they flood it. If you can't celebrate after this one, you're dead.

When Iowa wins like five of these, sure. You've been there before. Iowa hasn't in thirty years. Rush the field and wave to those damned kids with the victors and do the damned Hokey Pokey.

Last edited:
If the ending warrants it, rush the damn field. Have fun. Its college football.

Biggest regret of my Hawkeye fan career was not joining the kids when they rushed the field against Michigan. I was with a buddy who was a Michigan fan and didn't want to leave him alone crying. So, I missed my chance to stand on the 50.

Iowa is going to get blown out so badly that there will be more Per Mar jackets in the stadium than kids by the start of the fourth quarter. "Don't rush the field." LOL.

Aaargh! This post is really messing with all my game superstition formula's, and not in a good way. Whatever happens, happens. This is a special team and has a helluva chance to move forward. I will worry about rushing the field issues only if I see it on the post game coverage.

Iowa is going to get blown out so badly that there will be more Per Mar jackets in the stadium than kids by the start of the fourth quarter. "Don't rush the field." LOL.
Keep it going! we have a lot of JuJu work to do now..........I swear there is a national conspiracy that favors PSU and is doing what it can to influence this game.............

Keep it going! we have a lot of JuJu work to do now..........I swear there is a national conspiracy that favors PSU and is doing what it can to influence this game.............

PSU doesn't need juju. They are the best football team in the country, maybe the best team that has ever played college football. They have owned Ferentz in the post-Paterno era. People who think this game will be close or that Iowa could win it clearly ate lead paint chips as kids and I actually feel pity for them. I'm really glad that Auburn and Georgia are playing in the 3:30 SEC game on CBS so that there will be something decent on to watch once Iowa gets down 28-0 in the first quarter.

Per Mar...Now that's fuckin vintage Hawkeye memories...

I went to Kirkwood for a year right out of high school and that was my "college job." Got to walk around Hawkeye games not giving a shit what anyone did and watching the game.

Now it's CSC and the people working look a whole lot less methy.

Per Mar was Fort Dodgy, CSC is more West Des Moines-ish.