DJK...We Hardly Knew Ye

Not trying to diss on Sandeman. In fact I feel that he was just as underutilized as all of our other talented receivers. My point was more toward our coaches than it was the players. After 4 years, DJK is DJK. If there has been that bad of a problem with him leading up to this, he should have sat out entire games, he shouldn't have been on the field at all. You can say not starting isn't a big deal, but anyone who has ever been an athlete at any level knows what it's like to have someone else start over you.

Not trying to diss on Sandeman. In fact I feel that he was just as underutilized as all of our other talented receivers. My point was more toward our coaches than it was the players. After 4 years, DJK is DJK. If there has been that bad of a problem with him leading up to this, he should have sat out entire games, he shouldn't have been on the field at all. You can say not starting isn't a big deal, but anyone who has ever been an athlete at any level knows what it's like to have someone else start over you.

I'm not disagreeing that the mental aspect of not starting is significant. Just saying that Jake isn't the best analogy, as being the starting QB is much different than being the starting WR. The impact on the game is minimal (at most) for WR.

He would be wise to not comment about anything negative until after the
NFL draft. I think KF has considerable influence in his status in the draft.

I talked to him a little bit Saturday night. It will be interesting to see how he handles himself over the next couple months when the gag order is removed.

He would be wise to not comment about anything negative until after the
NFL draft. I think KF has considerable influence in his status in the draft.

Don't think the teams also aren't aware of what the players do and say. Most of them are not interested in drafting problems or head cases. I'm not calling DJK either one of those, and think he could make a strong case that he was terribly under-utilized during his Iowa career. But his better option right now is to avoid any appearance suggesting he is a problem and to keep his thoughts to himself.

No one can be worse than T.O. and Ochocinco can they? And they play on sundays...not saying I like them, but DJK I dont think holds a candle to those guys, I would think.

Again, excellent use of the word impugn. Very nice.

If my team can't score more than 17 offensive points for four games in a row, I'm finding a way to get the ball to Iowa's leading all time receiver. Just sayin.

Hey troll, get your facts straight - they scored 18 against Indiana.

Latest posts