DJK vs Ted Ginn Jr

stlrnhwk

This isn't meant to get the OSU fans riled up, however Kirk Herbstreit made comments about DJK possibly becoming a better receiver than Ginn when he came in as a freshman and Ginn was doing his thing. I decided to look up the stats (keep in mind Ginn left a year early, and DJK isn't allowed to do the punt returns as Ginn was, but looking at just receiving numbers)

Ginn Jr career receiving stats
135 Receptions 1943 yards 15 TD's

DJK (through Ball St game)
144 Receptions 2141 yards 10 TD's

ESPN predicts this year DJK's stats will be
51 catches 810 yards 9 TD's

It's an interesting comparison, through 3 years they numbers were pretty similar, with Ginn holding the biggest edge in TD's.

I don't particularly like the comparison. Although I do really like both players. Ginn, to me, seemed like a pure athlete lining up as a wide receiver when he was in college. When he was playing for the Buckeyes Ginn was extremely raw, but yet you knew that he had home run ability every time he touched the ball. Whereas, DJK was also very raw coming into the Iowa system as a high school quarterback, he has certainly become a pure wide receiver over the course of his Iowa career. DJK, for my money, runs some of the best routes that I have seen as a Hawkeye fan. Ginn, however, lacks the intangibles or at least did in college, that DJK possesses. And, Ginn's speed is lightyears ahead of DJK's, and thats not a knock on DJK because Ginn wins this category against almost anyone.

Latest posts