DJK vs OWI

honest opinion, which one is worse?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

bws258

Using various drugs and rooming with a guy you know to be a dealer.

or

Driving a car while intoxicated.

OWI. If DJK were dealing, I'd change my stance. But his use isn't physically hurting anyone but himself, whereas driving drunk puts other people's lives at risk.

We're assuming DJK never got behind the wheel while buzzing on cocaine, mary jane or uber-mellow on the codeine containing items.

Seems highly unlikely it did not occur.

Thus, I voted "equal"

Have you ever driven on cocaine, MJ or pain meds?

Pills are by far the worst. Heck, driving on over the counter cold medication is far worse than driving on cocaine.

OWI and its not even close.

Have you ever driven on cocaine, MJ or pain meds?

Pills are by far the worst. Heck, driving on over the counter cold medication is far worse than driving on cocaine.

OWI and its not even close.

I think people are looking at this poll the wrong way. Think about this from the perspective of a hiring manager. If you have 2 applicants, one had a previous DUI and the other 7 accounts of drug related charges, which one do you hire? I'd take the DUI candidate all day long. I would venture to gues that 90% of the people who drink on this board have at one point in their lives driven over the legal limit. That stat for drug abusers would be nowhere close. Using your logic, a meth addict is a less serious offender than some farmer driving over the limit coming home from the local tavern, and a DUI is worse than a rapist /child molester because a DUI can cause more damage as far as killing someone.

Like other said, if you are simply comparing using drugs to driving under the influence - OWI hands down. Now if he was dealing or driving under the influence of his meds = equal.

I admit I am biased as I have lost two friend who were innocent victims of other's OWI's.

I think people are looking at this poll the wrong way. Think about this from the perspective of a hiring manager. If you have 2 applicants, one had a previous DUI and the other 7 accounts of drug related charges, which one do you hire? I'd take the DUI candidate all day long. I would venture to gues that 90% of the people who drink on this board have at one point in their lives driven over the legal limit. That stat for drug abusers would be nowhere close. Using your logic, a meth addict is a less serious offender than some farmer driving over the limit coming home from the local tavern, and a DUI is worse than a rapist /child molester because a DUI can cause more damage as far as killing someone.

I get it, but when its all over and done DJK will have a possession of MJ charge. That's it.

Now, would you choose a DUI employee or a possession of weed employee?

I get it, but when its all over and done DJK will have a possession of MJ charge. That's it.

Now, would you choose a DUI employee or a possession of weed employee?

If that's the case, the DUI in my opinion would be worse. If we are talking about harder drugs then it's a different story.

Not to get back into the debate, but many OWI's are not dangerous at all. You can get an OWI after 3 beers, which does not inhibit me from driving safely.
I think a better question would be to compare to OWI with BAC over .2

Not to get back into the debate, but many OWI's are not dangerous at all. You can get an OWI after 3 beers, which does not inhibit me from driving safely.

Three beers would easily put me in unsafe driving mode.

Do you think a BAC of .2 is when it's dangerous to drive?

Not to get back into the debate, but many OWI's are not dangerous at all. You can get an OWI after 3 beer. s, which does not inhibit me from driving safely.
WTF?? 0.2?? That is nearly passed out for god's sake. 0.08 might be a little too harsh, but studies show 0.08 and 0.1 (the old limit) increases your risk for an accident dramatically.

If I have 3 beers now (I am 240 lbs) I am little buzzed, but not legally drunk. That being said, a little buzzed puts yourself and others at risk.

In college, 3 beers did nothing to me, I probably wasn't buzzed until 6 or so.

If I were hiring someone I would much sooner pick someone with an OWI. The simple fact is that drugs are much easier to do on the job and get away with. I wouldn't care what you do outside of work, but I wouldn't want you showing up high to work.

just shoot yourself now, so we don't have to hear about you killing some family later on

If I were hiring someone I would much sooner pick someone with an OWI. The simple fact is that drugs are much easier to do on the job and get away with. I wouldn't care what you do outside of work, but I wouldn't want you showing up high to work.

IMO someone who has drug charges looks a little worse character wise than someone who had a DUI. Most people drink and I'd venture more than 50% of drinkers have driven above the legal limit in their lifetime. Would anyone honestly hire someone who is a former meth addict over a person who had a DUI arrest?

If this poll is based on the other posts in the forum, we're not talking about character. We are talking about society's reaction and punishment.

Does DJK belong in jail for 7 years? Yes that is the maximum sentence he could get, but that's a lot of power we are just handing over to a judge or jury.

If this poll is based on the other posts in the forum, we're not talking about character. We are talking about society's reaction and punishment.

Does DJK belong in jail for 7 years? Yes that is the maximum sentence he could get, but that's a lot of power we are just handing over to a judge or jury.

He likely won't get jail time. He'll plead it down to one or two counts and have probation and maybe some community service.

He likely will not, but that is what he is looking at. One judge or jury could and in some cases, do give maximum sentences. I know a guy that spent a year in prison for one gram of marijuana. It was his first offense, but his 17 year old daughter was deemed at risk.

I guess I don't understand making him pay $750,000 in fines either, but that's just me. That will really help him turn his life around...or it will force him to be in debt for most of his life and turn him back to criminal behavior.

Latest posts