DJK update!

PasadenaDreams

Per is facebook:

Derrell Johnson-Koulianos That game was hella fun.... until i tweaked my ****.... its koul no worries National Champs next year.... yeah i said it!

Sigh.
Sometimes he makes it hard to root from him.
I almost bought his jersey too...

What?!? I Love that comment! Confidence in an athelete is a huge asset!! Keep it up DJK, dream big and beat it up!

PS: I'll gladly take his jersey!

Last edited:
Sigh.

Yeah, how dare a player be confident in his team.

I love that statement, we're going to be a preseason top 10 team, weather you want to acknowledge it or not, Iowa will be a national title title contender next season.

"its koul no worries" koul?
I also hate the word "hella"
I love the guy as a player and he has a good story, I just think he says some dumb stuff.
I take a lot of pride in my hawks being the blue collar humble guys that don't make the cocky comments. He just doesn't seem to take the role sometimes.
I'm probably being too hard on the guy.

Last edited:
"its koul no worries"
I also hate the word "hella"
I love the guy as a player and he has a good story, I just think he says some dumb stuff.
I take a lot of pride in my hawks being the blue collar humble guys that don't make the cocky comments. He just doesn't seem to take the role.
I'm probably being too hard on the guy.

HaydensDad...I really mean no offense but, I think it depends on how old you are. I'm 27 so those words a in my vocab. And he's a brotha too.

Your not being too hard I'm sure KF feels the same way.

This is the ESPN era where sound bites and things like that get attention.

None taken, I see what you are getting at.

From my profile:
Mini Statistics
Date of Birth July 24, 1983 (26)

1 year younger than you. I am not a brother though.

Last edited:
Remember when Vince Young won the Rose Bowl his junior year and right after the game, knowing the NC would be played at the Rose Bowl the following year he said "We'll be baaaaaack"

Well you all know the rest of the story.

Sigh.

Wow. I see NOTHING, absolutely NOTHING in that post that makes him look:

a) Pompous
b) cocky
c) both a and b
d) anything less than excited about being a Hawkeye.

Honestly, DJK is one of the best quotes on the team.

I've no problem with his comments, in fact, I liked them

I do have a problem with players taking plays off while they are on the field

I assure you I'm not looking to trap you or get into some kind of argument. But I am genuinely curious: why do you say that?

Ditto. My (white) son, all of 13, would not necessarily speak with those words, but in this day and age with all the kids doing shorthand in their texting I frequently wonder whether he really knows the correct spelling and grammar. And they purposely mistype stuff 'cause that's just the norm.

I agree with you completely, Hayden'sDad. Like you, I am also perfect and never misuse the english language in any way, shape, or form. If only all Hawkeyes could live up to the perfection that you and I humbly strive to attain.

Ditto. My (white) son, all of 13, would not necessarily speak with those words, but in this day and age with all the kids doing shorthand in their texting I frequently wonder whether he really knows the correct spelling and grammar. And they purposely mistype stuff 'cause that's just the norm.

Thankfully they live in a spell check world. Microsoft word has been correcting most of my grammar and spelling for about 15 years now and it gets better at it each year.

None taken, I see what you are getting at.

From my profile:
Mini Statistics
Date of Birth July 24, 1983 (26)

1 year younger than you. I am not a brother though.
Cool...I think it's more of a slang issue. To me he seems more arrogant...but thats ok to me. I saw a lot of GT players celebrating yesterday and that made me mad.

Last edited:

Latest posts