DJK Tweet to recruits

DexterMorgan

DJK @DJKoulianos
Iowa has a good looking recruiting class,well done @ErikCampbell. Good Luck to all the baby hawks,Say hello 2 the 100 squat test 4 me!!

DJK @DJKoulianos
Iowa has a good looking recruiting class,well done @ErikCampbell. Good Luck to all the baby hawks,Say hello 2 the 100 squat test 4 me!!

Hmmm DJK must have turned off his social media about all of last year. Don't think Iowa is doing that anymore.

I don't think Iowa does the 100 squat thing anymore but I think that misses the point of his tweet. These recruits are about to learn what a big time college football weight program feels like, and I can't imagine that's a pleasant experience the first time they go through it.

I don't think Iowa does the 100 squat thing anymore but I think that misses the point of his tweet. These recruits are about to learn what a big time college football weight program feels like, and I can't imagine that's a pleasant experience the first time they go through it.

Please, dude. I would laugh at Doyle.

You neglected to include the part of the tweet where DJK told them to work hard and keep their noses clean.

I coach 2 high school sports and I see guy doing around 48 squats during a session so I'm not terribly surprised with the 100 squat test. I know it probably isn't done anymore with the issues with guys last winter. It is Big10 football, Doyle and company aren't going to change to become good. I bet the workout is altered a touch or there is another workout that'll either break you if you are weak or break you down & make you stronger.
I do appreciate DJK being a big Hawkeye fan still. He has never said anything bad about the Hawks. Obviously, made some terrible decisions but was a Hawk and shows he'll always be a Hawk.

Well that's ironic...

Or possibly he's learned from his mistakes; at the very least, he doesn't want to see other Hawkeyes make the same mistakes he did. He's remained a pretty big supporter of the program even after everything that went down.

I coach 2 high school sports and I see guy doing around 48 squats during a session so I'm not terribly surprised with the 100 squat test. I know it probably isn't done anymore with the issues with guys last winter. It is Big10 football, Doyle and company aren't going to change to become good. I bet the workout is altered a touch or there is another workout that'll either break you if you are weak or break you down & make you stronger.
I do appreciate DJK being a big Hawkeye fan still. He has never said anything bad about the Hawks. Obviously, made some terrible decisions but was a Hawk and shows he'll always be a Hawk.

How long is a session for those high schoolers, though? The 100-squat test had to be completed in like 10-12 minutes, IIRC.

Latest posts