DJk Signing in Des Moines?

ChrisDouglas

After attending the Stanzi signing yesterday, and knowing that Clayborn was here Wednesday, and Sash will be here next month, I contacted DJK yesterday to see if he would be interested in doing his own signing in Des Moines.

He would love to do it.

I am calling him later today to work on some details, but I wanted to know how many people would attend something like this, and what the interest level would be?

Thanks!

Chris

If it were on a Saturday, due to the drive from Cedar Rapids.

We would definitely host it on a Saturday afternoon. The date I am targeting is April 23 (Saturday after the spring "game" and the Saturday before the NFL Draft).

I liked the 11-3 time slot yesterday too, so that would be something I would likely keep in place. I am still looking for a location to host the event. I did not like the AGCC set up yesterday where people were forced to wait outside for an hour while standing in line.

Any other suggestions are welcome!

We would definitely host it on a Saturday afternoon. The date I am targeting is April 23 (Saturday after the spring "game" and the Saturday before the NFL Draft).

I liked the 11-3 time slot yesterday too, so that would be something I would likely keep in place. I am still looking for a location to host the event. I did not like the AGCC set up yesterday where people were forced to wait outside for an hour while standing in line.

Any other suggestions are welcome!

I would be interested as well. I'd like to get my "DJK All the Way" shirt signed and framed, as well as one more sketch.

Is there a way to get the 4-H exhibit building at the state fairgrounds? That would be more than big enough to hold the lines, I would think.

I don't want to start a flame war, just giving my feedback because they guy is gauging interest, but if DJK were having an autograph signing it my garage, I wouldn't make the effort to go.

I would go and I know others that would want to as well. I did not like standing out in the cold with 2 of my kids for Stanzi. I also had to stand out in the cold for Clayborn.

Last edited:
I don't want to start a flame war, just giving my feedback because they guy is gauging interest, but if DJK were having an autograph signing it my garage, I wouldn't make the effort to go.

What do you have against your own garage?

Well, if it was in your garage...er...didn't you mean "barn"...or "silo", BTW?

In any case, if it were on YOUR "property", my guess is that DJK would probably decline, as well.

I went to both Clayborn's and Stanzi's signings and would definately be interested in a DJK signing. I was hoping we could get him to come to Des Moines.. In any situation you are going to have to wait in line..I liked that they sold tickets in advance to clayborn's so if you had a ticket you did not have to wait as long (i was in and out in less than 30 min.. stanzi's took about hour and half)..You will be hard pressed to find a place big enough that people would not have to stand outside.. Hopefully weather will be nicer by then..

I think you should reread that nice little quote you add to the bottom of your posts.

So, farmchick is out. Thanks for playing.

Glad to hear everyone else is interested. I should have details available by the end of the week. Still trying to secure a venue.

Thanks for the feedback, everyone! (Even farmchick;))

Things are coming together.

Question for everyone here though- does anyone have a great picture of DJK that they would be willing to sell the rights to for me to use that day? I will have helmets and footballs, but wanted to have pictures too. I am not willing to break any laws or rules though to get them. Thanks, and I will keep you guys posted.

-Chris

Chris,

Would it be possible to get a few items if one cannot make it in person? I suppose i could send you a PM