DJK Search warrant sealed

BlckNGldHwk

The search warrant executed in the arrest of DJK has been now been sealed as prosecutors indicate that releasing the warrant would interfere with ongoing investigations.

Maybe I'm looking too far into this but this seems to indicate the police aren't stopping at DJK...I just hope those still being investigated aren't additional football players.

They said on the radio this morning they needed it close so it didn't hinder ongoing investigations. So I think you are right, they are looking into this further, and like you said, I hope it isn't any other football players.

I wouldn't read too much into the fact that it's sealed. It's pretty common that they seal these things at least until trial. It's safe to say the investigation is still ongoing and they are likely trying to determine the source of the drugs found. In addition this more than likely involved an "informant" whose identity would need to be protected until trial, especially if he's still out there trying to gather information.

BTW whats the over/under of how long until the PC files a lawsuit under the freedom of information act to get it unsealed?

BTW whats the over/under of how long until the PC files a lawsuit under the freedom of information act to get it unsealed?

I think I saw that it's only under seal for 90 days? I'm pretty sure they can ignore a FOIA request for that long and get away with it.

The search warrant executed in the arrest of DJK has been now been sealed as prosecutors indicate that releasing the warrant would interfere with ongoing investigations.

Maybe I'm looking too far into this but this seems to indicate the police aren't stopping at DJK...I just hope those still being investigated aren't additional football players.

DJK was never the target in the first place. They were after the dealer and the dealer's network - not the users. DJK simply fell into their hands in the course of the investigation. While it is possible that other players are involved, there is not anything here that indicates they are.

Latest posts