DJK postgame interview

PJHawk

Go to the 1:34 mark of KCRG’s Scott Saville’s report. There’s DJK, talking about his record.

And from his Facebook page:

“It’s taken five long years to reach this point. What an incredible journey it’s been. So many places, so many faces. There have been ups and downs, but this feeling makes it all worth it. I want to thank God, my family, friends, and fans for their support. Also, a special shout out to my haters, I couldn’t have done it without you. Men may lie, women may lie, but numbers sure as hell don’t. MPOD. Go Hawks!â€

A quick word with DJK | TheGazette

who does he consider his haters? I think he would have been better to leave that part out. no wonder Coach Ferentz limits this guy's access to the press.

I love DJK as much as anyone but Tim Dwight was/is one of my all time favories, sad to see his name dropped from anything.

who does he consider his haters? I think he would have been better to leave that part out. no wonder Coach Ferentz limits this guy's access to the press.

There have been plenty of haters of DJK. I've seen on many message boards, posters questioning how good he is. The kid has lived up to the hype and is by far and away the best receiver on this team. He has performed everytime he is on the field. Not only pass catching, but he is an excellent down field blocker. Congrats DJK!

Yep, once again DJK gives us both his good and his bad. Just can't keep his mouth shut...even on his proudest day. Had a chance to rise above it...and just couldn't help himself. It's a shame.

Nobody "Hates" the kid, that's absurd. We just wish he'd conduct himself as intelligently as he's proported to be. He's a special talent and will be in the record books forever. But he'll also be remembered for this kind of stuff. And that's nobody's fault but his own.

Last edited:
I don't see what the big deal is about him saying that to his "haters" he is not calling out anyone individually. Now if he did call them out individually that would be totallly different.

DJK doesn't hold anything back. To late in his career, now from anyone to say he would be best to leave that out. That is DJK laying it out there.

DJK actions speak. I love that he sits atop. When he comes back in say 5 or 10 years. Kinnick will be rockin with much love to him. Trust me Kinnick will ERUPT when they say the name DJK.

DJK! DJK! DJK!

Yep, once again DJK gives us both his good and his bad. Just can't keep his mouth shut...even on his proudest day. Had a chance to rise above it...and just couldn't help himself. It's a shame.

Nobody "Hates" the kid, that's absurd. We just wish he'd conduct himself as intelligently as he's proported to be. He's a special talent and will be in the record books forever. But he'll also be remembered for this kind of stuff. And that's nobody's fault but his own.

hahahahahahahahaha... To funny. Some of you just crack me up... lol

hahahahahahahahaha... To funny. Some of you just crack me up... lol

This discussion will likely end up the way it usually does. Two camps:

1. Old school fans to which words like sportsmanship, class, discipline, "team" still have some gravity...as opposed to seeing them as tired old cliche's

2. Post MTV, rap, trash-talking is cool, Terrel Owens/Ochocinco/etc fans who think it's hip to be subtley disrespectful and self-important.

To each his own.

No idea what the problem is about what he said. What I translate is: He's extremely grateful and happy to be the top in the record books and thanks everyone, even his doubters, for the motivation to do it...

I'd consider this a pretty straightforward statement.

Very happy to see DJK break the record. Hard to say because Tim Dwight is my all time favorite hawkeye! DJK has really turned into a special player and for him to potentially lead the team in rec. yards 4 years in a row.......never been done he earned every yard!

1. Old school fans to which words like sportsmanship, class, discipline, "team" still have some gravity...as opposed to seeing them as tired old cliche's

2. Post MTV, rap, trash-talking is cool, Terrel Owens/Ochocinco/etc fans who think it's hip to be subtley disrespectful and self-important.

To each his own.

I'm not into any of trash-talking is cool and all the other stuff. Everything that DJK says gets dissected and over analyzed. It's become funny to me.

I just don't see the issue. Just another DJK sound bite for those to nitpick at.

FYI was he rapping? and being disrespectful? Interesting!!

Last edited:

To each his own.

Really? wow lol. how was he being disrespectful/trash talking in what he said? What does rap have to do with it either? WTF LOL great post!

Really? wow lol. how was he being disrespectful/trash talking in what he said? What does rap have to do with it either? WTF LOL great post!

you don't think him taking the 'high road' and leaving out the negative part would have been better? really? who really 'hates' him? can you site any examples of people hating him, or otherwise saying he is a terrible player?

i think this kid needs some lessons in being gracious and humble.

Nobody "Hates" the kid, that's absurd. We just wish he'd conduct himself as intelligently as he's proported to be. He's a special talent and will be in the record books forever. But he'll also be remembered for th[/B]is kind of stuff. And that's nobody's fault but his own.

I might not be speaking for everyone else here, but I couldn't disagree with that any more than is humanly possible.

If DJK is to be remembered for anything, it will be for being the best receiver is school history.

you don't think him taking the 'high road' and leaving out the negative part would have been better? really? who really 'hates' him? can you site any examples of people hating him, or otherwise saying he is a terrible player?

i think this kid needs some lessons in being gracious and humble.

how is what he said negative? what is exactly the "high road"? who hates him? I dont know but we all have ppl who do not like us, hate/dont like almost the same thing.

To each his own.

I am extreemly old school and certainly not in the #2 camp. Still I have a very hard time finding much of anything DJK ever says that I have any problem with. He is articulate, intelligent, respectfull, thankfull and competative in most every quote I have ever read.

Could he have left his haters off of this quote? Sure but I actually think that he handled them with a little class thanking them for the motivation they provided him. To me, there is nothing to see here but a record holder and a hard earned record.

Wrap your head around this one for a second.... our all time recieving yards leader, has never been a full time starter. Go DJK!!!

Wow, how exactly do you know that he doesn't have any haters. I'm sure in his road to where he is at now, he has experienced "haters" along the way. Anyway, I guess it's just a matter of perspective. I didn't interpret it in a bad way, just that he was saying the "haters" along the way were what motivated him to work harder. And, no I won't remember him for anything but being a good kid who stayed out of trouble, has a charming personality and a great set of hands!

You guys bashing OUR all-time leading WR are some of THE HATERS! Let the kid say what he wants. B!tches!

The guy is all-time leader in yards, will be all-time leader in receptions, and with a crazy finish he could become the all-time leader in TDs! I believe he would need 7 more TDs in final 6 games. That would obviously shatter the single-season record of 11 TDs as well.

The guy has had a ton of doubters aka Haters over the years, including IOWA fans. Let it be, and be thankful that he signed a LOI with us five years ago.

DJK ALL THE WAY!!! GO HAWKS!!!

He talks about being part of the team, forgetting about the media and getting things done. There's nothing controversial in that.

Latest posts