DJK & KF "intense" meeting in early December?

JonDMiller

Publisher/Founder
According to a line in this Marc Morehouse story, that's what he said

Never on the same page, barely on the same planet | TheGazette

"In early December, the two had an intense meeting in Ferentz’s office."

This would line up with SirEdHightower's post last week that DJK had done something to possibly get suspended from the team. While that did not happen, at least publicly, and while people close to him and he himself told me there was nothing to that (again, I did not email Derrell asking him, he emailed me), I wonder if the family and close family friends would have been the last to know, based upon the revelations of this week.

SirEdHightower was probably pretty darn close to the mark, if this intense meeting took place as Morehouse published. DJK might not have been officially suspended, but one final trip to the doghouse might well have been forthcoming.

DJK never got "it"....from drugs to driving with a revoked license earlier in the season and getting pulled over to a lack of effort to not listening to coaches...blah blah blah

Does anyone know how, exactly, that DJK and his room mate came to the attention of the Iowa City PD? I have to say that the timing of everything certainly seems interesting.

i'm sure now, looking back, KF saw DJK as a reckless type. we all thought it was reckless with his words and attitude, but it apparently went deeper than that. maybe he just disdains authority and still has that rebellious streak in him. safe to say that we've all gone thru that, but he seems to have obviously pushed it to the limit.

KF was done with DJK after the minnesota game. completely selfish, a cancer, very few friends left on the team. he was looking for a chance to boot him for good.

i dont know the reason behind the timing, because DJK obviously played well, but i know that is how it stood a couple weeks ago.

KF was done with DJK after the minnesota game. completely selfish, a cancer, very few friends left on the team. he was looking for a chance to boot him for good.

i dont know the reason behind the timing, because DJK obviously played well, but i know that is how it stood a couple weeks ago.

How do you know he had "very few friends left on the team?"

it's cool they now have a whipping boy for the lousy season.

within a couple days it will come out that DJK is to blame for the poor 2 minute drills and playing ARob with a 30 point lead in the 4th quarter.

DJK never got "it"....from drugs to driving with a revoked license earlier in the season and getting pulled over to a lack of effort to not listening to coaches...blah blah blah

Are you seriously questioning DJK's effort? In the games we desperately needed him he almost always came through. 114 yards and a TD to bring us back against Arizona? 93 yards and a TD trying to hold off Wisconsin? 104 yards and a TD trying to hold off Northwestern? 2 total TDs and one of the only players that looked like he actually cared against Minnesota?

And unless you have an inside source to suggest he didn't work hard at practice, I wouldn't even try to bring that one up. I don't condone what Derrell did.....question his common sense, he clearly doesn't have enough....but to question his effort? Pretty dumb comment IMO.

Are you seriously questioning DJK's effort? In the games we desperately needed him he almost always came through. 114 yards and a TD to bring us back against Arizona? 93 yards and a TD trying to hold off Wisconsin? 104 yards and a TD trying to hold off Northwestern? 2 total TDs and one of the only players that looked like he actually cared against Minnesota?

And unless you have an inside source to suggest he didn't work hard at practice, I wouldn't even try to bring that one up. I don't condone what Derrell did.....question his common sense, he clearly doesn't have enough....but to question his effort? Pretty dumb comment IMO.

I stand behind my comment. Showing up and working hard once a week doesn't work for KF...and it never will. DJK did plenty to avoid practice time....up to you if you want to believe it or not. I frankly do not care.

How do you know he had "very few friends left on the team?"

Looks like AROB and Jewell are very upset and taking it pretty hard. Arob changed is pic today and it shows him and DJK after a game shaking hands. DJK has friends on this team.

I stand behind my comment. Showing up and working hard once a week doesn't work for KF...and it never will. DJK did plenty to avoid practice time....up to you if you want to believe it or not. I frankly do not care.

If what you state is true 20 that it doesn't work for KF than why was he able to continue to play??

I thought to myself after the Ariz game that DJK is completely selfish.

We lost and he posts a picture of his TD on facebook with his game stats. Who care what you do if the team losses, obviously not him

I have seen DJK out catching balls on the practice field late at night so many times I couldn't try to count them all if I tried. I would say that is showing a little bit of hard work and dedication, no? The whole "DJK not practicing hard" thing, IMO, is waaaay overblown.

Went to the South Dakota State game the day after the NW debacle. Good seats. But not the point. At the half , a couple of fellows met behind me to have a chat. In this day of texting, I felt it a little odd. Obviously, some big donors to the University. I thought nothing of it at the time but just idle gossip. But one said to the other " I hear this team has a huge coke problem". Now, I wonder.

If what you state is true 20 that it doesn't work for KF than why was he able to continue to play??

If a coach benched every player that didnt practice hard on a regular basis it probably would not go well. A message was sent in a variety of ways...some we saw when he didnt start and lost playing time when he was clearly the best WR on the team. Many things were handled internally.

KF has been on record saying essentially you dont give up on kids and work to help them improve both on and off the field. DJK certainly did some good things at times and it seemed like coming into this season he matured....overall he obviously didnt get it based on the things that transpired as the season went on.

it's cool they now have a whipping boy for the lousy season.

within a couple days it will come out that DJK is to blame for the poor 2 minute drills and playing ARob with a 30 point lead in the 4th quarter.

I don't know if most people will buy into it, but those claims are already being posted and taken seriously by some readers.

DJK wrecked the great season that never was.

What a complete joke.

If you don't care whether people believe it, why post it?

The best response to a question about the validity of information you post is to explain the sources.

If you don't care whether people believe it, why post it?

The best response to a question about the validity of information you post is to explain the sources.

I do not expect everyone to agree with me...i would suspect on a message board that people will disagree with me...at least once in a while :)

As far as sources...not going there either.

The complete joke is you coming on here and stating that DJK is responsible for the 7-5 season. That couldn't be further from the truth. The one thing we know is he played his A$$ off on Saturdays.

He certainly isn't to blame for the 4th quarter blunders. The Defensive lapses and that OL not being able to block for you QB.

If not for DJK production on the field Iowa wouldn't have had to worry about a 4th quarter drive to lose the game.

Talk about a lack of validity of information.

he was being sarcastic

Latest posts