DJK Interview 2:47ish KXNO

Did you hear him talk about twitter? He is crazy.

I know he is a Hawk and did good things for us on the football field, but there is a reason KF didn't like him. He's crazy and self absorbed. I will side with KF on this. I don't care for DJK and his crazy antics

So is Ocho Cinco crazy? I'm beginning to think its you that has an altered sense of reality when you don't realize these kinda personalities among wide receivers is not exactly uncommon... or by your definition... crazy.

Yes it can be obnoxious, and everything opposite against what Ferentz wants in a player but there isn't too many Wes Welkers out there playing WR.

I will put up with self absorbed WRs if they put numbers up, as long as there within the law. But having said that I still wish DJK the best and would like to see him stay out of trouble and be a reliable employee for a NFL team.

After the interview Keith and Andy both told me that was the best interview they've ever done. Thanks for the love (that from DJK). Hopefully we see some of you out at the signing tomorrow! Thanks! -Chris

Did you hear him talk about twitter? He is crazy.

I know he is a Hawk and did good things for us on the football field, but there is a reason KF didn't like him. He's crazy and self absorbed. I will side with KF on this. I don't care for DJK and his crazy antics

You've got a VERY loose definition of 'crazy'. Charlie Sheen is f*cking nuts, he's winning because he has tiger blood for Christ's sake.

If what DJK said in that interview makes you think that he is THAT crazy, then you need to get out a little more.

I just listened to the whole last hour, that was really good stuff. To answer the questions that Keith and andy posed at the end, there is no way that anyone could have listened to that and thought worse of DJK because of it. It may not sway you to the positive, but there is no way it would go negative. Great interview, why the heck can't Keith and Andy just work 8 hours on the radio and do the morning show and then 2-7?

Like another poster said he was chewing gum. They had an interview on WHOtv and he had gum there also...

I just listened to the whole last hour, that was really good stuff. To answer the questions that Keith and andy posed at the end, there is no way that anyone could have listened to that and thought worse of DJK because of it. It may not sway you to the positive, but there is no way it would go negative. Great interview, why the heck can't Keith and Andy just work 8 hours on the radio and do the morning show and then 2-7?

Couldn't agree more. We are so lucky to have these guys in the Des Moines market. Just a fantastic broadcast team, on both mediums. Hassel is the icing on the cake - hopefully he'll stick around for a while before getting his own gig somewhere else.

DJK still has a lot of ego, and for being a communicator, has to learn to give up the gum. Sheesh. But he was forthright and I think honest - except maybe doing drugs to make others happy - meh. His last answer, what he would say to 19 year old Derrell, shows he has the potential to be a fine man some day. Up from the ashes.

Murph and Andy were tremendous: tough yet balanced and even kind. I think they got more out of him than he ever intended, which in the end was the best thing for DJK.

I truly hope great things for him. Timmy D and Danan (Snow Angel) Hughes rank higher as faves for me, but I don't think I've ever seen a better all around receiver at Iowa, and the knucklehead took about 3 years to get serious at it. I hope they will someday let this prodigal return.

DJK still has a lot of ego...agreed

Murph and Andy were tremendous...cannot fully agree

...the knucklehead took about 3 years to get serious at it...agree

I hope they will someday let this prodigal return...agreed

I only listened to 36 minutes of the interview, so I cannot make my comments based on the entire thing.

However, I loathe when announcers/interviewers cannot keep their mouths shut long enough for their subjects to articulate their own answer(s). Case in point: the first time DJK called himself "honest" was when the interviewer interjected the word "honest" as DJK was pausing to come up with a word to describe his decision to reveal to police his involvement at the drug house.

They also asked leading questions where they suggested answers to their questions before stopping to allow DJK to answer. I hate that approach.

Guess I'm a hater!

I liked how candid DJK was, but I have no way of knowing which of his answers were truly honest and which were self-serving in their dishonesty. He mentioned several times how critical this pre-draft run-up time is to potential NFL players. They have to be careful of what they say. hmmm....

Latest posts