DJK and the NFL draft

6'4 215 isn't your ideal wide receiver size? what is if you don't mind me asking?

I think the OP was saying 6'4" 215 isn't your prototypical, or average NFL receiver. A talented athlete with that size is of course ideal. But there have been many successful WR's in the NFL that are DJK's size.

a prototype is the same as ideal...a prototype is what you WANT in something. then you make sacrifices after that.

you don't think DJK's stock would be a lot higher if he was 6'4? that was my point. i'm not saying DJK can't make it in the draft, i said he has a higher hill to climb than marvin simply because of his size.

if you have the exact same receivers to choose from, same speed, same ability, same everything...but one is 6'4 and the other is 6'0, who would you choose?

Pardon me if I am mistaken, but don't we hope they both get drafted? Not sure what everyone is after in pitting one against the other.

Also, how can people act like speed is an issure with DJK but not McNutt. DJK is definitely faster than Marvin.

Just an FYI...

Someone on Rob's site posted some spring 2010 40 times taken in the bubble last week (or a few weeks ago, I don't recall exactly):

DJK 4.49
McNutt 4.50

Pardon me if I am mistaken, but don't we hope they both get drafted? Not sure what everyone is after in pitting one against the other.

I don't think anyone is pitting them against each other. Simply explaining why DJK has a steeper hill in front of him than McNutt, just because McNutt has prototypical size.

Of the 40 (or so?) NFL draft picks from the Ferentz era I don't believe that he has had a WR drafted (nor a QB?). Will DJK be the first?

Kahlil Hill 6th round 2002 draft, Falcons.
Kevin Kasper 6th dound 2001 draft, Broncos
C.J. Jones, free agent, 2003

I think he will be drafted. Not sure where yet. His 40 time will be a big factor. As far as size, I wouldn't say he's small. He's 6'1" 200lbs, that's not small. 6'4" 215lbs wouldn't be prototypical NFL receiver size. If McNutt makes improvements close to what he did over the last year or so I could see him being taken fairly high in the 2012 draft.

If DJK is 6'1" that makes me about 6'2" which is funny because everytime I have my height measured I'm always told that I'm 5'11".

i saw something on espn a few weeks ago. and some dude, not sure who he was, had DJK in his top 5 for WR in the senior class. i was pretty shocked by this, thats the only reason i remember.

here's my thing about ESPN and how they call the games...they simply sit down and look at some stat sheets...might see one game a year and think they know everything. this is where the BTN comes in. those guys on there watch every game. they're dedicated to the big 10, not every conference. i'm more willing to listen to what they say about their players than anything ESPN has to say about specific players...except for tim tebow

I've seen multiple draft scouting reports that have him a top 10 WR in next years draft. Some have hime top 5. He might not be a first day pick but if you are waiting to the 6th round to draft him you are going to be SOL.

DJK is gonna rip it up this year. He may not be the ideal size for an NFL receiver, but I think he could get drafted and certainly think he has what it takes to find a home as a starter on an NFL team.

As someone else already said, he is a gamer. He has that certain x-factor that allows him to make special plays more than most. Remember the one handed TD against Wisconsin 3 years back. Or the TD return against OSU. He makes plays. The NFL looks for that too. I predict he will make more than a few eye-popping plays this season.

DJK's game:

Pros
-He runs pretty good routes. Has the ability to sell a route.
-Very strong
-seems to be a gamer
-very intelligent
-decent returner

Cons
-Doesn't actively grab the ball
-catches with his body
-immature
-not fast, but not slow either
-low YAC avg

where this "low YAC avg" come from? Link?

hes the best open field runner weve had at WR since Dwight, as evidenced by his KO return versus OSU.

i could say andy brodell as evidenced by his punt return against iowa state a couple years back

but i agree, this is the first i've heard of low YAC avg being used to describe DJK