DJ Johnson or Terry Roberts and Jack Koerner

Herkeye1986

Could our at DB situation look as such this weekend?

Yes Koerner will be playing with Merriweather out and I think did his job last week as far as I know?

Hankins may have something wrong him and sitting out this week, per leaving the Rutgers game dinged up and Kirks cloudy at best reponse when asked about Hankins yesterday. So would it be DJ or Terry getting the nod?

Did anyone catch any praise towards Koerner or Roberts during fall camp?

Lastly I just hope that our D line gets consistent pressure, achieves containment and stops the run so Purdy gets no time.

Last edited:
This is starting to feel a bit like going to NW in 2015. Hawks were down 5 starters (Duzey, T. Smith, I think a couple OL, and Ott), going to face a 20th ranked team on the road. The lost Canzieri in the 1st Q, and L. Daniels was already unavailable. So they wre down their top WR, their top TE, their top 2 RBs, and their OL was shuffled. They won 40-10, rushed for 294 yards on 51 carries, Wadley put up 204 and 4 TDs, and Derrick Mitchell had 122 yards of total offense.

In this one, it looks like we will be down 1.5 of our top 5 OL (we'll see how much Banwart can contribute), and perhaps 4 of our top 6 DBs (depending on availability of Hankins). Unfortunately, Jack Trice is more formidable than Ryan Field.

What gives me more comfort for this one compared to Purdue last year is guys like Roberts and DJ have been around for a year, as opposed to True Freshmen Brents and Moss last year. Hopefully that extra year of experience helps.

Here's hoping for 40-10 (I would accept 13-3 like last year).

This is starting to feel a bit like going to NW in 2015. Hawks were down 5 starters (Duzey, T. Smith, I think a couple OL, and Ott), going to face a 20th ranked team on the road. The lost Canzieri in the 1st Q, and L. Daniels was already unavailable. So they wre down their top WR, their top TE, their top 2 RBs, and their OL was shuffled. They won 40-10, rushed for 294 yards on 51 carries, Wadley put up 204 and 4 TDs, and Derrick Mitchell had 122 yards of total offense.

In this one, it looks like we will be down 1.5 of our top 5 OL (we'll see how much Banwart can contribute), and perhaps 4 of our top 6 DBs (depending on availability of Hankins). Unfortunately, Jack Trice is more formidable than Ryan Field.

What gives me more comfort for this one compared to Purdue last year is guys like Roberts and DJ have been around for a year, as opposed to True Freshmen Brents and Moss last year. Hopefully that extra year of experience helps.

Ahh interesting delve back in time.

Do you know if Roberts was mentioned at all in fall camp stories? I just haven't heard much about him. Small guy but I am guessing quite quick.

Last edited:
Ahh interesting delve back in time.

Do you know if Roberts was mentioned at all in fall camp stories? I just haven't heard much about him. Small guy but I am guess quite quick.

He was mentioned as an ascending player in the spring. He has also been mentioned as someone who is electric with the ball in his hands, and a potential option as returner.

Hit two long tds over the top really quickly and Jack Trice will quiet up a bit.

In the last three seasons, the starting QB of Iowa State hasn't survived this game. Purdy better buckle up.

The best way to help the DBs, regardless of who is back there is to get a pass rush. We looked a little better there against Rutgers. Hopefully PP has some unique looks dialed up to get home Saturday.

He does. He was just getting them on tape for the Clowns. The first time AJ backs off on the snap ISU is gonna shit bricks thinking it is a stunt then he's gonna walk right around the tackle for an easy bag. The next time he does it he will be lurking in a passing lane and catch a pick 6 from Purdy.

Based upon Kirk's response, I think it's fair to assume Hankins is out this week.

As mentioned above, pressure will be key. It does suck, though, as there is a domino effect on the entire defense. It will really limit our flexibility when it comes to blitz packages and adjustments.

Koerner will be okay. He's been trending up and already has his feet wet. I'd be a little concerned with DJ or Roberts on the outside. Expect ISU to attack them early and often, especially with pick plays and double-moves.

The best way to help the DBs, regardless of who is back there is to get a pass rush. We looked a little better there against Rutgers. Hopefully PP has some unique looks dialed up to get home Saturday.
This. Our secondary is highly suspect on its best day and if Purdy Mouth gets time to look we’re fucked.

Need to bring the house until those androgynous weirdo O-linemen of theirs can’t catch their breath anymore

Latest posts