Dix one of 35 players participating in the USA under 19 camp

If Bowen struggles and Harding isn’t ready, he is your point guard. Perk isn’t a full-time point guard, he can give you minutes, but he can’t be running the show the 30+.

Rumor has it, Grant, after turning down the Draft has Iowa on his short list. That changes everything if (huge if) that happens. Dix, Sandforts, and Perk will not have to carry the entire team. Thank your Iowa SWARM for this ever having a chance to happen. After Brown and Cade I’m starting to believe in destiny.

Rumor has it, Grant, after turning down the Draft has Iowa on his short list. That changes everything if (huge if) that happens. Dix, Sandforts, and Perk will not have to carry the entire team. Thank your Iowa SWARM for this ever having a chance to happen. After Brown and Cade I’m starting to believe in destiny.
Iowa is in the discussion, but it is all a lot of speculation right now based upon who is interested in him and who has room/fit. I have not seen any quotes from Grant narrowing his very long list of suitors. That said, from the scuttle out there, Iowa is by far the closest geographic school for him and is really the only apparent contender from the Midwest. And, while his skillset is a hybrid between the Murrays and Garza, few teams can boast better recent success of getting front court guys into the league than Iowa.

As with most things, however, I am sure it will come down to money. Hunter Dickinson allegedly got over a mill to go to Kansas. This kid is going to command something approaching that ballpark. Not sure Iowa is set up for that kind of juice. This kid would be an absolute season changing get. He would instantly boost the defense and rebounding as he is a rim protector, and he can score in multiple ways. I hope the collective is willing to empty the kitty to get him. We shall see.

If Bowen struggles and Harding isn’t ready, he is your point guard. Perk isn’t a full-time point guard, he can give you minutes, but he can’t be running the show the 30+.
Yeah a lot is being put on Bowens plate considering what little he played last yr. I don't think Dix is best suited to be a full time pg either. He and Perk both are more of the combo variety I think anyway. Feels like if you push their time at those spots too far they'll be a line of diminishing returns on how they play.

I wonder about the Nimmers kid that walked on and redshirted last yr. He's the most athletic looking guy we have. But he must be the most green behind the gills hence why no scholly yet. Early on this yr I'll be curious to see him get thrown in there some and see how he looks

Iowa is in the discussion, but it is all a lot of speculation right now based upon who is interested in him and who has room/fit. I have not seen any quotes from Grant narrowing his very long list of suitors. That said, from the scuttle out there, Iowa is by far the closest geographic school for him and is really the only apparent contender from the Midwest. And, while his skillset is a hybrid between the Murrays and Garza, few teams can boast better recent success of getting front court guys into the league than Iowa.

As with most things, however, I am sure it will come down to money. Hunter Dickinson allegedly got over a mill to go to Kansas. This kid is going to command something approaching that ballpark. Not sure Iowa is set up for that kind of juice. This kid would be an absolute season changing get. He would instantly boost the defense and rebounding as he is a rim protector, and he can score in multiple ways. I hope the collective is willing to empty the kitty to get him. We shall see.
Yeah the other schools on his short list all can probably offer more NIL wise. Yet Frans recent track record of developing guys like Garza Cook and the Murrays probably has him enticed. Would he take less NIL to come to Iowa and if so how much seems to be the question. For Iowa to even be on his short list makes me think that's where he's at.

He absolutely would be a game changer for how our squad would look. He'd be an instant boost to the defensive side of the floor and rebounding which is much needed. On paper we got worse at that end of the floor atm. Not to mention offensively the guy has a handle and can shoot from everywhere. Fran would know exactly how to use him. I didn't have my hopes up a month or so ago about getting him but sounds like we have a punchers chance now...

I liked what little I saw of Dix at the PG. It is not his natural position, but he has good handles for a taller guard. There was a glimpse of Marble in his game. I could see Dix being the primary back up for both guard spots and playing 20+ per game. Let's hope he makes that sophomore leap.

Yeah a lot is being put on Bowens plate considering what little he played last yr. I don't think Dix is best suited to be a full time pg either. He and Perk both are more of the combo variety I think anyway. Feels like if you push their time at those spots too far they'll be a line of diminishing returns on how they play.

I wonder about the Nimmers kid that walked on and redshirted last yr. He's the most athletic looking guy we have. But he must be the most green behind the gills hence why no scholly yet. Early on this yr I'll be curious to see him get thrown in there some and see how he looks

For the last 6 years you always had Connor to run the point if you needed him to do that. He was the point guard, late in close games, the majority of his career. That security blanket is gone now. Of the Bowen, Harding and Nimmers group you need at least one of those guys to click.

I don't know a ton about Nimmers, but I have read/heard a few people throw his name out there as a guy to look out for. He is definitely on my radar.

For the last 6 years you always had Connor to run the point if you needed him to do that. He was the point guard, late in close games, the majority of his career. That security blanket is gone now. Of the Bowen, Harding and Nimmers group you need at least one of those guys to click.

I don't know a ton about Nimmers, but I have read/heard a few people throw his name out there as a guy to look out for. He is definitely on my radar.
No doubt CM was their swiss army knife who did whatever it took in the clutch (besides shoot usually although he hit the biggest bucket of the Purdue game in tourny a couple yrs ago)

Yeah look up Nimmers on You Tube. He's got serious hops. He put out a highlight package of himself from practice last yr where he was making shots and playing well. (felt like something he'd do if he was looking to transfer but thankfully he didn't) I think he'll factor into things some this yr his athleticism excites me.

Nimmers feels to me like the training camp hero walk-on WR we always hear about coming out of Spring Ball or Fall camp. At the end of the day, there is a reason he remains a walk-on. Not saying he cannot become a solid contributor and see minutes. Obviously we saw Bauer do it. But, going from walk-on to a true difference maker on the court is a rarity in basketball. There are a lot of question marks at PG, but if I was a betting man, I would not pin my hopes on Nimmers being the answer to those questions. We shall see.

Yeah the other schools on his short list all can probably offer more NIL wise. Yet Frans recent track record of developing guys like Garza Cook and the Murrays probably has him enticed. Would he take less NIL to come to Iowa and if so how much seems to be the question. For Iowa to even be on his short list makes me think that's where he's at.

He absolutely would be a game changer for how our squad would look. He'd be an instant boost to the defensive side of the floor and rebounding which is much needed. On paper we got worse at that end of the floor atm. Not to mention offensively the guy has a handle and can shoot from everywhere. Fran would know exactly how to use him. I didn't have my hopes up a month or so ago about getting him but sounds like we have a punchers chance now...

Grant has to be considering Garza's development into National Player of the Year and all the acclaim

Also, Keegan Murray being a #4 NBA Draft pick could perhaps sway his decision

Being from N Dakota might make him appreciate the Midwest environment

He would be a Godsend for certain

With fingers permanently crossed, I await his decision

:cool:

Grant has to be considering Garza's development into National Player of the Year and all the acclaim

Also, Keegan Murray being a #4 NBA Draft pick could perhaps sway his decision

Being from N Dakota might make him appreciate the Midwest environment

He would be a Godsend for certain

With fingers permanently crossed, I await his decision

:cool:
Saw on Twitter that he's got like 3 visits this week lined up and Iowa isn't one of em so that's not too encouraging. Dang it

While there is a compelling case for him to consider Iowa, this aint a beauty pageant Iowa usually wins......
Was always a longshot. I think some of us got caught up in thinking if guys like Cade and Brown can choose Iowa why couldn't a kid like this for hoops?

I think we just don't realize what a different stratosphere some of those other schools have for NIL. Arkansas has Walmart backing them... I mean enough said. It's how they landed the TeSlaa kid amongst several others. Arkansas in this new NIL world is going to take off I bet as a program in hoops and football both. I wish we could get an accurate grasp of those numbers. It pretty much came out that Dickenson got over a million to go to Kansas. Any one player at Iowa getting that on the hoops team?... I wonder if the whole team combined is getting that from the collective.

Fran is on record as saying he thinks all players should be paid roughly equally. I get his thinking, but it is not realistic. The NBA has two way guys making 85k playing next to guys making 30 mill a year. Stars get paid. You want more money? Be a star.

That said, how do you look a guy like Perk in the eyes and explain why a transfer kid from a small school is getting triple what you are getting?

That said said, Fran should not be having that conversation, right? Coaches are supposed to have nothing to do with NIL and the collectives. Uh huh.....

Was always a longshot. I think some of us got caught up in thinking if guys like Cade and Brown can choose Iowa why couldn't a kid like this for hoops?

I think we just don't realize what a different stratosphere some of those other schools have for NIL. Arkansas has Walmart backing them... I mean enough said. It's how they landed the TeSlaa kid amongst several others. Arkansas in this new NIL world is going to take off I bet as a program in hoops and football both. I wish we could get an accurate grasp of those numbers. It pretty much came out that Dickenson got over a million to go to Kansas. Any one player at Iowa getting that on the hoops team?... I wonder if the whole team combined is getting that from the collective.

Arkansas got 3/4 McDonalds All Americans last year

Latest posts