Different basketball manufacturers

Hawks1

listening to the hawkeye game they said the big ten uses 5 different basketballs types. Did I hear that correctly.and would that alter your shot?

listening to the hawkeye game they said the big ten uses 5 different basketballs types. Did I hear that correctly.and would that alter your shot?
Yes and absolutely.

Wasn't it Peter Jok who had trouble shooting Maryland's UnderArmour ball?

JBo on the other hand has had little trouble shooting it there.

I remember Steve Alford saying that shooting the Purdue Mackey Arena ball was like shooting a balloon.

Perhaps, but the defense played on him by Doug Lee and Troy Lewis probably had something to do with it as well.

Guess they should pick one and be racist ,guess I see everything political anymore
Sorry dont kick me off like facebook did

All balls must fall into weight and circumference specs, but yeah, they each "feel" a little different.

I'd like to see them go to a change of possession type arrangement...so each team can have their own ball on offense...like football. You could have girls in bikinis on the side of the court where the players could quickly exchange the ball when possession changes. It would really become a strategic skill to incorporate especially in fast break situations. You would need to find a good bikini girl with excellent passing skills to keep the fast break intact.

The NCAA really needs to work to make the game more interesting. I've sent this recommendation to them.

I'd like to see them go to a change of possession type arrangement...so each team can have their own ball on offense...like football. You could have girls in bikinis on the side of the court where the players could quickly exchange the ball when possession changes. It would really become a strategic skill to incorporate especially in fast break situations. You would need to find a good bikini girl with excellent passing skills to keep the fast break intact.

The NCAA really needs to work to make the game more interesting. I've sent this recommendation to them.
Terrible, horrible idea.

If it were up to me, I'd standardize on one ball for the B1G. That would be whatever the NCAA tourney used. That way, come March, the trams are used to using that ball. One less thing to worry about.

Simply my 2 cents .. ..
And that is a brilliant idea, if the NCAA indeed is standardizing. I'd guess each game site uses whatever ball their host team/league used. Don't know, someone enlighten us if you know plz.

HS has a standard ball. why wouldnt the conferences or even the NCAA. I imagine a company would jump at the chance. Shoot, when Missouri changed their ball the price doubled for that ball and it is a shitty ball.

Latest posts