Dienhart: 'Hope this is last eruption of Mt. McCaffery'

"My point: People almost never really change/alter behavior unless they are brought to their knees and suffer dire consequences. No one walks down the street on a sunny day and says: “I’m gonna change how I live my life forever.”
"Nope, big-time adversity usually is the agent for change. How much adversity and consequence has McCaffery suffered as a result of his behavior?"

Gag me...

Dienhart: ‘I hope this is last eruption of Mount McCaffery’ « Big Ten Network

My response to Tom Dienhart: spare us the sanctimonious condemnation of a coach who is restoring exciting basketball and fan passion in Iowa City.

Hey, Tom, how about spending more time looking into why certain programs, coaches and their players receive kid-glove or hands-off treatment from B1G officials, and how that harms the quality of the conference?

MSU coach constantly going off all throughout the game. he need to change his act too?

not much else to talk about basketball wise in the big ten on Monday... what else is there from yesterday to discuss?

Dienhart: ‘I hope this is last eruption of Mount McCaffery’ « Big Ten Network

My response to Tom Dienhart: spare us the sanctimonious condemnation of a coach who is restoring exciting basketball and fan passion in Iowa City.

Hey, Tom, how about spending more time looking into why certain programs, coaches and their players receive kid-glove or hands-off treatment from B1G officials, and how that harms the quality of the conference?

I expect (and am looking forward) to a red-faced, steaming Fran McCaffery on several occasions in the future. Including those that happen as a result of his disagreements with the officials.

I am not the slightest bit ashamed or embarrassed by Fran getting kicked out of the game last night.

Well I hope that's the last time I see him get ejected but he'll get a technical again and I'm ok with that.

If Fran drops one iota of emotion (other than for health reasons) I'll blame it on Barta. This is rediculous. Yeah, Fran bumped the official, but if you look at the replay, Fran was walking up to him as the official was walking past Fran. The official stopped short while lifting his left arm and Fran "touched" his arm. I now expect every coach and player to get a technical and an ejection for the slightest touch of an official. It was lame. Fran essentially was, as it looked to me, calling the officials out and they didn't like it.

I like a coach who will fight for his players when they are getting the shaft. I do think he crossed a line by touching a Ref. But I dont think for one min. that he ment to. I also dont care what dienhart thinks

I like a coach who will fight for his players when they are getting the shaft. I do think he crossed a line by touching a Ref. But I dont think for one min. that he ment to. I also dont care what dienhart thinks

I don't care what dienhart thinks, either. But, he has the voice of the press and that can have influence to the point of "shaping" perspective. I wish I still lived in Iowa for no other reason that to show up at our next home game and cheer Fran! I hope he gets a standing ovation by the crowd for having the balls to stand up against shifty officiating at Bo's house of homies. And, to let Barta know the Iowa fans aren't afraid of having a coach that shows emotion.

I don't want bobby knight at iowa. He has some serious anger issues he needs help with. If he goes off like this over basketball/ what does he do at home?

I don't want bobby knight at iowa. He has some serious anger issues he needs help with. If he goes off like this over basketball/ what does he do at home?

If you're comparing a competitive situation with home life you've never competed in anything. It's apples and oranges. Fran clearly went off the deep end but stuff happens in competitive situations.

I think the in-game intensity would be comparable to Knight, but his demeanor with the press, etc. is way more mild mannered that Knight. It's been a while, but all I can remember is how gruff and obstinate Knight was with media after games...whereas Fran is well spoken, well mannered and pretty apologetic at times.