Dienhart: Big Ten should be done with Notre Dame. Forever.

One of the rare times I agree with Dienhart. I love the concept of playing 10 Big Ten games, and only two non-conference games. I know they would have to give up a home date every other year( or every third year if Barta would use his clout and bully ISU into the proper arrangement)...but playing 10 Big Ten games would be great...add in the ISU game, and you have 11 compelling contests every season....nice.

As for ND....screw them. They still get away throwing their weight around, when they are a paper tiger.
Let them eat cake....and schedule all ACC games, so in effect , they are in the ACC.

Cutting off your nose to spite your face. The UM-ND game a couple years ago had one of the largest audiences EVER for a regular season football game. Purdue-ND is the only time a OOC Purdue game is ever noticed by anybody. The B1G absolutely benefits from the media attention.

I've noticed that those who say "never play ND!" are the same people who secretly wished for them to join the conference.

When the move to 4-5 power conferences gets done. That would be the time to deal with ND If they don't have anyone to play but small schools they will have to come around. The problem is one of the conferences might continue to give them special treatment to get them. It wont be the B10 or the SEC Texas will be looking for a special deal too. If all the conferences have smart strong commissioners that wont happen

Many of us have said go to the 10 game conf schedule. Evens out the home and away issue and one more game to keep in the B1g. Iowa's non-conf schedule has not been that great lately. In the years when the hawks host ISU they many times play an away game against a power conf team.

Those years when they play at ISU the home non conf schedule can have two yawners games or at least they used to be yawner games.

Maybe Notre Dame should be done with the Big Ten. It is obvious they prefer to be closely associated with the ACC and before that they preferred the Big East. Yes, tradition has much to do with why some Big Ten teams will entertain a series, but it is time Notre Dame moves on from the Big Ten. It just sad that Notre Dame happens to reside in South Bend, Indiana and no longer really wants to be part of the mid-west. If you examine the history they have dropped series with Iowa (1968), Indiana (1991), Northwestern (1995), Wisconsin (1964), Illinois (1968), Minnesota (1938), and Ohio State (1996). Notre Dame needs to bow out gracefully as a mid-western team and disassociate with us poor rubes.

Na, Who Big Ten teams schedule for OOC games is their own business. I don't see any reason why Michigan, Michigan State, or Purdue should feel obligated to discontinue their series with Notre Dame.

Cutting off your nose to spite your face. The UM-ND game a couple years ago had one of the largest audiences EVER for a regular season football game. Purdue-ND is the only time a OOC Purdue game is ever noticed by anybody. The B1G absolutely benefits from the media attention.

I've noticed that those who say "never play ND!" are the same people who secretly wished for them to join the conference.

I agree, IC. Regardless of whether you like ND or not, they really are the only true nationally viewed team in the country. ND grads go all over the country and the world. ND would be THE cherry on top of the B1G, from a television viewing standpoint, and they know it. ND games are watched in all 4 corners of the country because they are the one school that every college football fan has an opinion on. There are no college football fans with a casual take 'em or leave 'em attitude towards ND. And that is another reasonwhy ND is the tv draw that it is. UM, O$U, PSU and kNU don't have this draw, no other school does. The B1G needs ND from a revenue generating perspective. And the benefits for each school that plays ND is one game a season with a nationawide recruiting opportunity.

Not to worry about ND coming to the BT. They can't stand the week after week competition. They will go to the ACC, if anywhere.

I've been saying this on the radio for about 5 years. Just end it and make it an unofficial conference mandate. They had every chance to join the league. They didnt want to. Don't give them Big Ten benefits.

10 conference games is a huge win for everyone, the conference, the schools and the fans. Oh, and the Big Ten Network. Let's keep the $ in the family and make scheduling alot easier. As far as ND and Iowa State who cares. Helps them more than us anyway.

10 conference games is a huge win for everyone, the conference, the schools and the fans. Oh, and the Big Ten Network. Let's keep the $ in the family and make scheduling alot easier. As far as ND and Iowa State who cares. Helps them more than us anyway.

Dumb post of the day..ND and ISU are doing quite well. You must have forgot the BIG 10 is the weakest of all the top 5 power conferences. Who wants to watch those crappy BIG 10 teams? Not having one sell out last year is a sure sign the fans don't care either.

Well thanks for the education AnyoneButtHurt. Not sure why you would be posting on a Hawkeye site. I enjoy watching BIG football and winning dumb post of the day awards.

Well thanks for the education AnyoneButtHurt. Not sure why you would be posting on a Hawkeye site. I enjoy watching BIG football and winning dumb post of the day awards.

How about that, Anyone: Iowa is about to collect $45,000,000 from the lowly BT within the next year or two. Somebody is really dumb to pay that much to watch a conference that nobody wants to watch. You win: Dumbest Post of the Month! Congrats.

[/B]
Dumb post of the day..ND and ISU are doing quite well. You must have forgot the BIG 10 is the weakest of all the top 5 power conferences. Who wants to watch those crappy BIG 10 teams? Not having one sell out last year is a sure sign the fans don't care either.

Talk about a joke of a Big12 conference....nearly disbanded a few years ago, drew on Avg. 58,899 fans a game, compared to the B1G 70,431. 8 teams in the B1G (66%) finished above .500, compared to 6 teams in the Big12 (60%) to do so.

ISU's single game attendance record is 56,800. So you should just STFU....I mean you ISU fan's know a sh!t ton about crappy football, but it is being played in LAmes Iowa, not in the B1G.

Michigan, MSU, and Purdue should do what is best for their program, whether that means playing ND or severing ties with ND.

The fact that ND is a bit of a prima donna shouldn't calculate into the equation.

Michigan, MSU, and Purdue should do what is best for their program, whether that means playing ND or severing ties with ND.

The fact that ND is a bit of a prima donna shouldn't calculate into the equation.

Yep. Northwestern is going to ND this year and is owed a return visit in 2018. It would be bad for their program to turn down that return visit because this clown is butthurt.

Talk about a joke of a Big12 conference....nearly disbanded a few years ago, drew on Avg. 58,899 fans a game, compared to the B1G 70,431. 8 teams in the B1G (66%) finished above .500, compared to 6 teams in the Big12 (60%) to do so.

ISU's single game attendance record is 56,800. So you should just STFU....I mean you ISU fan's know a sh!t ton about crappy football, but it is being played in LAmes Iowa, not in the B1G.

Hey, bud, when the SEZ is done, the capacity at Trice is gonna be 61,000 (assuming 14,000 huddled masses on the open hillsides) and things will look up. They are getting serious recruiting momentum from this project. Lazard. Mangino. Rhodes. I really want the Big Ten to go to 10 games and see the ISU series cancelled because it's gonna get really lopsided in about 2 years.