Didn't get to watch the game tonight

I wouldn't read alot into this game. Iowa knew this was a pretty garbage team and they played like they expected to roll them, which they did. Defense is always going to be a concern for a team that focuses so greatly on being a high flying offense. The difference this year will be Garza and Nunge's ability to alter shots at the rim. If they can have some success in this area they could help swing the game by 8 to 10 points a contest and if they do it early in a game it could be just enough for our offense to blow some teams out of the water. Both of these guys have the frame and the length to do this for our team, but they both need more time to put it together mentally. I think we will see a team that gets better defensively as the season goes on, but in the meantime will need good offensive outings to secure wins against any real competition. If Moss, Jbo and Ellingson can all get hot in the same game we are damn near unbeatable. Inside out this is the best offensive team I have ever seen in Iowa jerseys. There is likely to be a few wins and losses with scores into the high 80's early in the season though.

The best team I have seen in an Iowa uniform was the team Tom Davis inherited his first year at Iowa. That’s the closest team next to Ronnie Harmon’s team that was a national championship team contender. Both of those teams would have run this team off the court...... no contest. Maybe over the next four years we may see the best team in an Iowa uniform but if Fran can’t teach defensive discipline then it never will happen.

The best team I have seen in an Iowa uniform was the team Tom Davis inherited his first year at Iowa. That’s the closest team next to Ronnie Harmon’s team that was a national championship team contender. Both of those teams would have run this team off the court...... no contest. Maybe over the next four years we may see the best team in an Iowa uniform but if Fran can’t teach defensive discipline then it never will happen.

Can't argue with that... and wouldn't you love to see that team play Lute's Final Four team with a healthy Ronnie Lester? That would be a game for all time for Hawk fans... or even the Six Pack team with JJ and Downtown Freddie. Love to see them all play each other.

Can't argue with that... and wouldn't you love to see that team play Lute's Final Four team with a healthy Ronnie Lester? That would be a game for all time for Hawk fans... or even the Six Pack team with JJ and Downtown Freddie. Love to see them all play each other.

Ronnie was incredible and when he shot the ball in crunch time you just felt like it was going in every time. Fran is a Ronnie Lester away from a final four team.