Did you see that the Stanford transfer commited to Nebraska, then backed out?

Grady

OT Walter Rouse's finalists were Iowa, Nebraska & Oklahoma. After taking visits, last week with great fanfare he commited to the Huskers......for 3 days. Then he flipped to Oklahoma, citing his gut and God. Heck, maybe the Hawks still have a chance!

OT Walter Rouse's finalists were Iowa, Nebraska & Oklahoma. After taking visits, last week with great fanfare he commited to the Huskers......for 3 days. Then he flipped to Oklahoma, citing his gut and God. Heck, maybe the Hawks still have a chance!

Translation: The thought of playing for Nebraska made him sick to his stomach and the amount of money Oklahoma paid him was heavenly.

One of the funnier things that's happened this off season so far. Considering all the crap Neb fans were throwing out there in regards to Proctor leaving us high and dry and with this kid choosing them originally. The Neb fans have to be in full on melt down mode over it.

Curious as to why? Would have been a nice addition to the O Line, IMO.
You are likely right about his value. We need help. I am just sick of the transfer portal now becoming transfer, then transfer out of a transfer, then decide to get out of the portal and stay home. Yuk.

I am begining to have doubts that Brian and Co. can recruit the players they need. getting Cade and Erick are big but I think that was in spite of Brian. Would anyone be surprised if Cade backed out?

Stanford University....
Nebraska....

How does a kid take that big a step down academically?
You think Oklahoma is a better institution than Nebraska??? They eat beans with their hands down there.

Let's face it, this kid is looking for a better platform to get an NFL look, and maybe a bigger NIL pay day. Oklahoma assuredly has the better platform than Nebraska. Nebbie's OL has been a running joke for a decade.

This whole situation is funny. Nebbie fans were crowing for three days then crying like babies. The portal giveth and taketh away.

I am begining to have doubts that Brian and Co. can recruit the players they need. getting Cade and Erick are big but I think that was in spite of Brian. Would anyone be surprised if Cade backed out?
Oh look, a thread about a kid decommitting from Nebraska and going to Oklahoma and 9 posts in someone raises the novel point that BF sucks. Eye roll.

And yes, it would shock me if Cade backed out. He has been handed the starting job for a program that will be preseason Top 25 and if he is just marginally competent, he has a chance to be a hero. Low expectations and a high ceiling are big draws to a smart kid (those and NIL money)

You think Oklahoma is a better institution than Nebraska??? They eat beans with their hands down there.

Let's face it, this kid is looking for a better platform to get an NFL look, and maybe a bigger NIL pay day. Oklahoma assuredly has the better platform than Nebraska. Nebbie's OL has been a running joke for a decade.

This whole situation is funny. Nebbie fans were crowing for three days then crying like babies. The portal giveth and taketh away.
Where do you read that? (spoiler alert, you didn't).

Either are big steps down academically.

Citing God helped him choose and quoting parables, the NIL had nothing to do with it folks. Why do these kids have such a problem just admitting they took the best deal! Nobody blames them for going for the most money, hell I probable would, the NFL payday is never certain.

Citing God helped him choose and quoting parables, the NIL had nothing to do with it folks. Why do these kids have such a problem just admitting they took the best deal! Nobody blames them for going for the most money, hell I probable would, the NFL payday is never certain.
I was raised Catholic. From my experience, God likes money too. :) So, just say, God told me to take the best NIL deal I could get.

And, maybe God also reminded him that Nebraska fans still worship a former coach who put one of the worst human beings ever back on the field so he could win a national title despite the fact that his star RB beat his girlfriend to a pulp after catching her in bed with a now different former Nebraska coach.

God says take the highest NIL deal and give 10% back to the church. Seriously though I'd also be ok with "common sense said avoid Nebraska".

Latest posts