Did Matt Millen really say...

GesterHawk

that Scott Frost is a good coach because he is utilizing the talent he has on the team to its fullest?

Doesn't Nebby usually end up in the top 5 or higher in the B10 recruiting rankings? How does that get you a good coaching grade when you can't even get bowl eligible?

Millen is losing it.

I think I heard this year that Millen is or was battling some major health issues. I think sometimes these guys have to fill air time and come up with something to say so they just say crap.

Right now Frost doesnt seem to still have a very good O line and defensive line. The hawks had about 10 tackles for losses today which is probably high for the year and on the other side the hawk running game was doing really great in the first half, about best of the year.

Not making excuses for Frost but as a lot of people have said he just doesnt have a strong team and I hope he doesnt get one

amyloidosis

th

clutchpoints.com

• Matt Millen, a well-known figure to football fans for his decades as a player, broadcaster and former General Manager of the Lions, is dealing with a rare and serious illness. Millen told the Morning Call that he is suffering from amyloidosis, a rare illness that has seriously damaged his heart and will likely require him to get a heart transplant.

I normally like Millen, but wow was he desperate for Nebraska to win. Those BTN guys all thought the Huskers were going to win the national championship

I normally like Millen, but wow was he desperate for Nebraska to win. Those BTN guys all thought the Huskers were going to win the national championship

ditto. I was embarrassed for him. One instance early in the game: Iowa just had a nice run of 12 yards. Goodson was tackled on a pretty good hit by the Nebraska DB. Millen gushed about the tackle without mentioning it was 12 yards down field. He also spent most of the day making excuses for the ineptitude of Martinez and the lack of talent for the "wonder boy" Frost.

ditto. I was embarrassed for him. One instance early in the game: Iowa just had a nice run of 12 yards. Goodson was tackled on a pretty good hit by the Nebraska DB. Millen gushed about the tackle without mentioning it was 12 yards down field. He also spent most of the day making excuses for the ineptitude of Martinez and the lack of talent for the "wonder boy" Frost.
kept calling them the black shirts, stupid bastard.

The BIG wants nebby to be relevant because the only reason they wanted them is the football team and the supposedly large fanbase across the country. Problem is every year they suck less and less people care. They belong in the Big 12 and always will.

At one point he even referred to Nebraska as "we". I also wonder if the whole network in general is feeding the delusional Nebraska fanbase with all of their false compliments for ratings.

Lee Corso 2.0

Pulling for Huskers throughout...chumming around with Frost prior to the game?

Trying to be funny, but isn't funny, more awkward.

It was quite sad...

I believe the announcers were very pro Nebraska and this was the poorest officiating in any game this year.
I usually take the view that officiating is like coaching and playing, lots of mistakes, do your best as a professional in the midst of the imperfection.

But vs Nebraska...consistently terrible.

When Nate and Brian watch the game tape...yikes. When the officials performance is reviewed...way beyond yikes.

They had plenty of good things to say about Iowa and Millen was fair in his assessment of Stanley and his troubles with consistency. He’s spoken highly of Iowa and Ferentz for many years. They also questioned some of the calls vs Iowa.

What really got me is the fact that after all was said and done, the studio announcers were talking about a Nebraska bowl game with a 5-7 record. Why not talk about which bowl Iowa will be enjoying a little more?

They had plenty of good things to say about Iowa and Millen was fair in his assessment of Stanley and his troubles with consistency. He’s spoken highly of Iowa and Ferentz for many years. They also questioned some of the calls vs Iowa.

millen has always been fair minded and even pro Iowa historically. However all the media (ESPN, fox and BTN as well as print media) are so desperate for the frost to Nebraska return to glory narrative to be fulfilled it colors their judgement. They have no ability to be objective or critical when speaking of frost and his program.

millen has always been fair minded and even pro Iowa historically. However all the media (ESPN, fox and BTN as well as print media) are so desperate for the frost to Nebraska return to glory narrative to be fulfilled it colors their judgement. They have no ability to be objective or critical when speaking of frost and his program.
It is a bonus for the conference, BTN, ESPN to have Nebraska lifted up to a "valid" challenger above 5-7, thus I would expect that all of the "crew" has been given "positive talking points" to help uplift Nebraska. At the BTN, the commentators struggle with what to say or think about Iowa, given the "boredom" of the product and the far conservative/bizarre in game Kirk decisions. What might have been, is the theme of Kirkball when the teams have talent to use, but most often misuse.

I believe the announcers were very pro Nebraska and this was the poorest officiating in any game this year.
This game had more blown potentially outcome determinative calls down the stretch than any of our other games. The worst officiated game of the year nationally was South Carolina-Florida. The second worst game was Iowa-Michigan. Epenesa got mauled all day and their secondary held our receivers on virtually every play. This game was definitely in the top 5 thanks to the fuckery at the end.

Millen is a fan of Iowa football. The Hawks play football the way he played. The whole BT and BTN is doing their best to keep Nebraska football on life support.

Come on guys, this is over the top. Millen was very complimentary towards Iowa and he also expressed his shock at the officiating. Millen was fine, he has to find good things to say about both teams.