Did Illannoy give Vitale a Blazer?

FreddyBrown

In all the years I've been watching games on this weekend of the season, I have never heard an announcer go on such a freaking crusade for one team to get into the tournament as Vitale is on for Illannoy today.

What the bleep is up with that?

I don't think I've heard him on such a single-minded rant (particularly over something totally unrelated to the game he's supposed to be covering) since he used an Iowa-Illinois game to try to torpedo the career of Bruce Pearl about 20 years ago.

It wasn't just Vitale railing against Pearl, everyone thought he committed 'career suicide'. Talk to Jim Delaney and find out what he thinks of Pearl. He'll never coach in the Big 10 again while Delaney is around.

Will somebody please explain to me why Pearl is considered the villain in the Thomas incident? If Thomas hadn't bragged to Pearl about being offered anything, there wouldn't have been an investigation, and if Illinois hadn't been committing recruiting violations, the investigation wouldn't have uncovered anything.

He's the villain to Illannoy. Didn't like getting caught. Also, there's supposed to be honor among thieves.

Will somebody please explain to me why Pearl is considered the villain in the Thomas incident? If Thomas hadn't bragged to Pearl about being offered anything, there wouldn't have been an investigation, and if Illinois hadn't been committing recruiting violations, the investigation wouldn't have uncovered anything.

Never considered Bruce Pearl anything but a HERO, in that blowin the whistle on the dirty Illswini.

Vitale WRONG again

Oh, this is SWEEEEET!

LOL--have fun in the losers tournament! Best of all they prolly thought they'd dodged the bullet, with Minny and Miss. State losing today, and almost ALL the talking heads saying they should be in. They paid off Dicky V and even Joey Brackets to project them in, and the wiser men inside the room shut them down!

Sometimes, things just turn out right.

:)

Latest posts