Did I see a blitz???

HawkfaninWA

This is something I've wanted to see all year. We have the speed to do it and when a QB gets comfortable, it's one of the best ways to upset an offense like Missouri or NW.

Please, oh please, bring this back more next year!

I look for Morris in opposing teams backfields much more next season as he is really starting to get a feel for reading the QB.

Norm almost always dials up a blitz or two, especially in games like this. It's usually very well-timed. Phil was VERY conservative in Norm's absence.

couple of them. Norm back in the booth was huge.

How so? Missouri made a couple boneheaded plays resulting in costly interceptions, otherwise Gabbert shredded Norm's defense to the tune of 434 yards with a 72% completion percentage. Nearly broke the bowl record for yards passing. ESPN even said that Gabbert had one of his best games ever.

How so? Missouri made a couple boneheaded plays resulting in costly interceptions, otherwise Gabbert shredded Norm's defense to the tune of 434 yards with a 72% completion percentage. Nearly broke the bowl record for yards passing. ESPN even said that Gabbert had one of his best games ever.

Yes they did, but at key points we actually BLITZED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (can you tell I'm shocked?)

Even if they didn't get to the QB, it sure beats watching Troy Johnson or Jeremiah Hunter attempting to defend a WR in pass coverage.

Yes they did, but at key points we actually BLITZED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (can you tell I'm shocked?)

did you notice that we blitzed a couple times and MO scored TDS as a result? Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose. People rarely notice the blitz when a bad play happens, or if the blitzer doesn't get home. That being said, those late blitzed were perfectly executed.

Latest posts