Did he drop the ball?

Nothing drives me more crazy than when I see this happen. Especially when it's the Hawks but just in general. You see this way too much.

Maybe sit the 1st half against cyclones. I have never understood the rationale behind this boneheaded maneuver.

I noticed that, too. I think he dropped it just past the goal line, not short, but it was close. It boggles my mind that players still do this even though we have seen so many examples of it going wrong.
Yeah if I'm coaching I'm telling these guys don't drop the ball til you get to the back line of the endzone. Not that front one like that. Way too close for comfort.

From Row 15 at Kinnick on Saturday I noticed that and wondered the same thing. Surprised they didn't at least take a look at it on video. After Coop's punt return TD negation last year, can you imagine the crowd reaction at Kinnick if this TD would have been discounted?!

How is even possible for someone with the physical gifts it takes to play a skills position at the D1 level to do something like that? You would think with the way their vision, reflexes, and body control all work together that well, they would be able so successfully execute dropping the ball a split second after crossing the goal line with 100% accuracy. I feel like if I ran a drill designed to drop the ball as close to the goal line as possible without dropping it short, I'd destroy these guys. I suppose maybe it's easier when you're running way slower.

Hopefully, that will not happen again. However, I think he has scored in this picture and he still has his hand on the ball.

Latest posts