Did Ferentz stumble upon evidence?

herky01

Its obvious the relationship between DJK & Ferentz was becoming extremely unstable around the time of the Minnesota game. Is it possible DJK divulged information to Ferentz during a "heated" conversation that was so juicy Ferentz was forced to turn DJK in to the cops otherwise Ferentz would be implicated as well? I don't think it is coincidence that DJK was arrested at the same time as all this drama was going down.

I doubt it, being that they apparently had eyes on this house for awhile before they got a warrant.

Its obvious the relationship between DJK & Ferentz was becoming extremely unstable around the time of the Minnesota game. Is it possible DJK divulged information to Ferentz during a "heated" conversation that was so juicy Ferentz was forced to turn DJK in to the cops otherwise Ferentz would be implicated as well? I don't think it is coincidence that DJK was arrested at the same time as all this drama was going down.

"Otherwise Ferentz would be implicated as well"...what the yell do you mean by this? Come on dude.... dumb post....

"Otherwise Ferentz would be implicated as well"...what the yell do you mean by this? Come on dude.... dumb post....

He's asking if perhaps DJK possibly divulged information that left Ferentz no choice but to turn him in, or become implicated himself. Which would be the case if he knew about it and didn't report it.

What is this, the National Enquirer?

I don't think KF knew anything. Ferentz usually keeps a tight ship. If Ferentz knew ANYTHING, DJK would not have played in the MN game at all.

The thought that he would have told Ferentz is pretty ridiculous. If there is ANYBODY that he would have avoided giving any hint to, don't you think it would have been Ferentz? If you were doing something you didn't want anybody to know about would you tell your boss at work? Your parents? Any sort of authority figure? I doubt it.

I'm sure he gave Ferentz plenty of reasons to be upset, but the notion that he would have said something to Kirk is about as likely as him telling a cop.

I think it's possible Kirk or someone on the coaching staff became aware of possible drug use and perhaps suspicious activity taking place at DJK's duplex. The coaches hear things, Kirk's son could have been aware of things and told him, other players may have said something in the frustration over this season ended. Speculation only, but perhaps that came up or was the main reason for the big blow up between Kirk and DJK a week ago. I know everyone is denying that he was suspended at that point, but I would be willing to bet the threat of major disciplinary action was hanging over DJK.

Presented with evidence, Kirk can't ignore it or sweep it away. If the athlete won't take ownership of the problem, I'm guessing there is a procedure in the department for dealing with it. Perhaps -- perhaps -- that's what we saw play out this week.

Certainly a lot has gone on behind the scenes in all of this.

Things have gotten really silly on these boards. Listen, I have a teenage step-son who is a lot like DJK. Generally likeable, but likes to push the boundaries. He hasn't to this point really stepped over the edge, but we all expect it is a matter of time. It comes down to the issue of the punishment fitting the crime.

You can't really kick a kid off the team for a flippant remark or being late for practice, etc. Unless you are going to be consistent with such policies, which would probably be seen as overkill.

You sound like the Mouth of the Midwest-Marty, who was spewing this crap on the radio. Are you still looking for the shooter on the grassy knoll also? Don't you think Kirk could have just ordered a random drug test if he had any interest in exposing DJK and drugs. Do you think this is the kind of publicity he wants for his program. You also are indicating that Iowa runs a dirty program and has something to hide You must think Kirk is a really awful person to even suggest such a thing as having a kid arrested to mute him. Did it ever occur that maybe the drugs were causing DJK to miss meetings, have more emotional outbursts and generally being more irresponsible, and thus creating the drama.

Things have gotten really silly on these boards. Listen, I have a teenage step-son who is a lot like DJK. Generally likeable, but likes to push the boundaries. He hasn't to this point really stepped over the edge, but we all expect it is a matter of time. It comes down to the issue of the punishment fitting the crime.

You can't really kick a kid off the team for a flippant remark or being late for practice, etc. Unless you are going to be consistent with such policies, which would probably be seen as overkill.

I agree with this as it pertains to a teenage kid, but Koulianos is a 5th year senior set to graduate this month. He's less than 30 days out from having to get a job where you can't show up late, you can't disrespect the boss and you are hopefully coming out of your teenage antics. Having a drug addiction is no joke; many of us have seen it personally. You can't just choose not to be addicted once your hooked. But Koulianos choosing to live with someone who he knows is dealing out of the place when Koulianos knows he is the most high profile person on the team living in a smaller community and litterally has a hundred other living options is both arrogant and stupid. HOping he gets his stuff together and being willing to forgive him if he does in no way changes the complete stupidity and selfishness of his actions.

If Kirk knew anything about this his only choice would be to turn him in or kick him off of the team. His job would be in serious jeopardy if he knew and didn't do anything about it.

We have to remember the police came to the house because of activity that I am sure they have been watching for some time, maybe setting up some drug deals to build a case. Brady Johnson has lived with DJK the last 3 years I think. Brady comes from a well to do family and his brother and himself were both good U.S. Junior hockey players. Brady was not a poor college kid selling dope to make ends meet, but coming from money I think made it easier to supply his habit and also deal? But DJK made the mistake to keep living in this house and get mixed up in this mess and also end up with a drug problem. I would like to see him apoligize to the University, team and fans and the get the help he needs to get on with his life.

The thought that he would have told Ferentz is pretty ridiculous. If there is ANYBODY that he would have avoided giving any hint to, don't you think it would have been Ferentz? If you were doing something you didn't want anybody to know about would you tell your boss at work? Your parents? Any sort of authority figure? I doubt it.

I'm sure he gave Ferentz plenty of reasons to be upset, but the notion that he would have said something to Kirk is about as likely as him telling a cop.

DJK did spill his guts to the cops AFTER he was read his Miranda rights. So obviously DJK isn't real smart about who he talks to.

He did tell a cop.
(when they were in his house he admitted to everything)

Latest posts