Did Dosunmu's team cost him POY?

WinOneThisCentury

Let's face it...if Ayo is lost for 2-3 games down the stretch and the team loses a few of them...and he comes back and they beat OSU with him...is it closer?

It's pretty hard to say you are player of the year when the team wins a bunch of games without you against top 10 teams...and looked pretty damn good doing it.

Let's face it...we don't win much down the stretch this year...at Wisconsin, at OSU, and Wisconsin at home...without Garza. I just don't think it happens.

The other reason Garza deserves it...is that teams aren't modifying their defensive game plan nearly as much to stop Ayo. Garza is the lynchpin of everything Iowa does offensively. Garza deserved the award...glad he got it again.

Let's face it...if Ayo is lost for 2-3 games down the stretch and the team loses a few of them...and he comes back and they beat OSU with him...is it closer?

It's pretty hard to say you are player of the year when the team wins a bunch of games without you against top 10 teams...and looked pretty damn good doing it.

Let's face it...we don't win much down the stretch this year...at Wisconsin, at OSU, and Wisconsin at home...without Garza. I just don't think it happens.

The other reason Garza deserves it...is that teams aren't modifying their defensive game plan nearly as much to stop Ayo. Garza is the lynchpin of everything Iowa does offensively. Garza deserved the award...glad he got it again.
I agreed, Garza deserved this.

This was Luka's award for a calendar year because he announced he was coming back. That's pretty momentum to steal back in season. All Luka did was improve in almost every statistical category as a SR. It was his award, he was awarded it before the season even started and no one really got close. Ayo talk lasted like 10 minutes.

I agree that when Luka wins all the POY awards, there will be a bit of a lifetime achievement award to it, but Garza also went out and earned it this year. With his statistics, and what he means to Iowa, he is the most valuable and best player in college basketball.

Think of it this way. Iowa is the 5th best team in the country. If Garza had gone to the pros last year, does anyone think Iowa is anything but a middle of the conference team perhaps on the right side of the bubble, at best? Name another player in the country who makes such a profound impact upon his team's success? Clearly Ayo aint that.

I think this is an easy vote for most. On top of deserving it on the court, Garza is a good kid, a good story, and he stuck around for four years. He is what college voters should be rooting for.

Latest posts