Did Dish Network just drop BTN?

I am in Iowa City for the game, so don't know if BTN still appears on my DISH. It has been there through Friday. So, did DISH drop BTN today, Saturday? Also, I think I have the multi sports package...but not sure. Is it true, Skeets, that the purchase of this package will allow me to continue with DISH...is that confirmed? No offense, but recognize that rumors abound when things like this come up. Thanks!

You could get the Multi-Sports package from Dish for $9 a month which includes BTN. Call them back and tell them your going to drop them and maybe they'll offer the Multi-Sports package to try out for a couple months for free ?

So if you have the all sports pack you are fine??

See but that's the thing that ticks me off about cable/satellite...you should be able to have it ala carte....I would pay through the nose for BTN....but I don't need 60% of all this other crud that Dish forces me to pay for....can you imagine if other industries did this?
If I remember correctly...it has been awhile: cable/sat forces the customer to buy all the extra crud channels because the companies that own the fewer better (more watched) channels also own the crud (less watched)
channels. And I think a good number of these crud (less watched) channels are forced to be produced because the government says so much of each company's air hours must have some "educational" benefit. Something crazy or stupid like that.

If I remember correctly...it has been awhile: cable/sat forces the customer to buy all the extra crud channels because the companies that own the fewer better (more watched) channels also own the crud (less watched)
channels. And I think a good number of these crud (less watched) channels are forced to be produced because the government says so much of each company's air hours must have some "educational" benefit. Something crazy or stupid like that.

If it did go ala carte I'd be watching 5 or 6 channels max. All those other junk channels get shoved into the all the packages. I would hope in the next few years that we can start streaming everything via internet and to our TV's and put these satellite pirates like Dish, DirectTV, Mediacom, out of business.

I'm on hold now with the BTN cancellation staff now. I'm going for free service for a year, a reduction in my mortgage, a trip to Las Vegas and a free puppy for the kids. We'll see what I get.

Lol. Im on hold as well. Hoping to be able to get a new car and a small free one topping pizza for this injustice.

I ended up with $20 off my bill for the next three months and $10 off my bill for the 21 months after that. All without any obligation to continue service if the negotations don't resolve themselves. Good luck to all.

My biggest issue now is how I can text my wife and tell her that she needs to leave her friend's baby shower early to come home and watch our kids so I can find a bar to watch the game in. Any suggestions on the "correct" language to use in that text.

I ended up with $20 off my bill for the next three months and $10 off my bill for the 21 months after that. All without any obligation to continue service if the negotations don't resolve themselves. Good luck to all.

My biggest issue now is how I can text my wife and tell her that she needs to leave her friend's baby shower early to come home and watch our kids so I can find a bar to watch the game in. Any suggestions on the "correct" language to use in that text.

How about "honey the game isn't on TV so I have to go to the bar to watch. I've unloaded the dishwasher and the kids are ready to go with me. Is that okay"

She will be impressed that you unloaded the dishwasher and appalled that you think you'd take the kids to the bar and come home; or she will not give a crap and you take the kids to the bar and have a play date with all the other guys that are taking their kids to the bar today.

How about "honey the game isn't on TV so I have to go to the bar to watch. I've unloaded the dishwasher and the kids are ready to go with me. Is that okay"

She will be impressed that you unloaded the dishwasher and appalled that you think you'd take the kids to the bar and come home; or she will not give a crap and you take the kids to the bar and have a play date with all the other guys that are taking their kids to the bar today.

Claaasic! I'm lucky that my kids are old enough to buy me drinks at the bar... but do you think they ever would?:(

No help with the language, but every man should realize that duct tape is your friend.