Did anybody catch the race in the Olympics?

GodGodGodBathia

A Dutch guy who killed the entire field in a 25 lap race lost the gold because he finished IN THE WRONG LANE and Korea took the gold medal...I feel so bad for him

Edit: I meant to say Dutch instead of Norwiegan in my OP

Last edited:
I would assume that he was Dutch as well?
Yep. The skater's coach told him to go inside which was wrong at the time of the race (I don't understand it very well, just watched the NBC coverage). The skater was very angry (and rightly so) after the race and he kept pushing the coach away when he tried to talk to him.

The Dutch take skating just a little seriously. :)

Yep. The skater's coach told him to go inside which was wrong at the time of the race (I don't understand it very well, just watched the NBC coverage). The skater was very angry (and rightly so) after the race and he kept pushing the coach away when he tried to talk to him.

The Dutch take skating just a little seriously. :)

The article said that the Dutch guy beat the Korean by 4 seconds, and that he (Dutch guy) was going to make the correct lane change only to make the wrong lane change on the advice of his coach.

He beat the guy by four seconds, and didn't even get a silver medal out of the deal.

The article said that the Dutch guy beat the Korean by 4 seconds, and that he (Dutch guy) was going to make the correct lane change only to make the wrong lane change on the advice of his coach.

He beat the guy by four seconds, and didn't even get a silver medal out of the deal.
Yeah, and he was real happy that a teammate (who ended up getting the bronze because of the DQ) was trying to console him after the race as well.

Latest posts