Dickie V on the call Tuesday night

I just hope he does his damn homework on Iowa and doesn't spend all flipping game talking about "The General, Robert Montgomery Knight" and how Tom Crean is related to the Harboughs and how he is going to bring IU back; oh, what a historic arena. IU one of the top schools in ALLLLLL of college basketball; certainly when you talk about Duke and North Carolina and Kentucky...oh, Rupp Arena, one of my all-time favorite places to watch a basketball game. Just stick to the two damn teams playing in the game you ARE watching!

Vitale sucked a$$ the first time he was on tv and has gotten worse every day since.

Easy there brother; I think he still has a lot of knowledge, just he is not for tv anymore. There was a time when he was very good, that time has passed.

I remember when dickie first hit the scene. I thought he was pretty interesting and fun to listen to. But now some 20+ years later he's still doing the same schtick and it's grown tiresome.

Never liked Vitale's schtick, but have always been a fan of Chris Berman (I know he's brutal broadcasting baseball) on NFL highlights.

CoachKandDickieV.jpg

Disturbing and creepy. But funny yes.

I used to like Vitale back in the 90's but agree that he has grown tiresome.. But he can hype us up all he wants. I'll take any good publicity!

Vitale used to be good at analyzing college basketball (remember seeing some old games that he did and he is knowledgeable) but there are so many more who know the game more than him.

That said, he's a name and him doing your game means your team matters so it will be cool to listen to him do an Iowa game. When was the last time that happened?

Dakich is now calling the game.

Iowa Basketball ‏@IowaHoops 18m

ESPN announcers for Tuesday's #IOWAvsIND game: Dave O'Brien, Dan Dakich and Allison Williams.

Latest posts