Dick Peth spotting IC?

phlhgn

Here's an interesting one.
Heard a rumor that Barta is looking at former Hawkeye and current Wartburg coach Dick Peth, AND I Saw him in IC yesterday. I think he should be considered.

He's a proven winner at the collegiate level - one of only 33 Div. III coaches with 400+ wins.

He was a captain on the 1979 Iowa basketball team, and a big part of Lute Olsen's resurgence of the Hawkeyes at the time.

His Wartburg team has made the D-III NCAA tournament consistently.

His team consistently has 20+ wins, season in and season out.

He's brought in a lot of talent to a program that was previously a conference bottom-dweller. HE CAN RECRUIT.

I'm not saying he SHOULD be a coach, but he definitely should be in the discussion.

It's not all that uncommon for an alum to be spotted in IC. Maybe he's the xNo guy to BJ's recruiting. Not that I seriously give the Bj rumour any legs.

If Barta hired a D-3 coach, Iowa would become the laughing stock of the entire country and Barta would get back to IC with a pink slip on his desk.

23 Seasons 402 Wins, 209 Losses 0 NCAA Tourney Teams (since 1980)
0 Final Four Teams (since 1980)
0 NCAA Tourney Titles (since 1980)
0 NBA Draft Picks

COOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!

I also drove through Iowa City the other day... I believe that I am qualified for this job. please note that I DID INFACT drive through Iowa City.

I saw me by the Eastern Iowa Airport today, and I have been in the Iowa City area quite a bit lately. And by lately I mean the last 15 years or so.

Here's an interesting one.
Heard a rumor that Barta is looking at former Hawkeye and current Wartburg coach Dick Peth, AND I Saw him in IC yesterday. I think he should be considered.

He's a proven winner at the collegiate level - one of only 33 Div. III coaches with 400+ wins.

He was a captain on the 1979 Iowa basketball team, and a big part of Lute Olsen's resurgence of the Hawkeyes at the time.

His Wartburg team has made the D-III NCAA tournament consistently.

His team consistently has 20+ wins, season in and season out.

He's brought in a lot of talent to a program that was previously a conference bottom-dweller. HE CAN RECRUIT.

I'm not saying he SHOULD be a coach, but he definitely should be in the discussion.

give me a friggin break dude...don't even start to say he should be considered, are you kidding?! He is not a great recruiter because his teams bail out on him halfway through. I know this because I go to school in the Iowa Conference and have numerous friends that have played for him and against him. There is no way he should be in the discussion. He has been the most consistently disappointing coach in the conference the last 10 years. On top of that he acts like a goon, not that most coaches don't though. If you thought Lickliter and Alford were bad communicators, let me introduce to you Coach Peth. He doesn't even consistently go to the NCAA Tourney at the D3 level.

Has Barta talked to the swimming coach Glenn Patton yet? If not, Barta should take his time before offering the job to Peth. If Patton says no then I am ok with Peth getting the job

PS Wartburg was never a bottom feeder although they are about there now. He is nowhere near consistently at 20 wins. If you want a D3 coach that is consistent then you might as well get Brian Van Haaften from Buena Vista in Storm Lake. HE has moved BV from a bottom feeder to always contending for titles. He is always in the NCAA tourney. ONE problem...its freakin D3!

PS Wartburg was never a bottom feeder although they are about there now. He is nowhere near consistently at 20 wins. If you want a D3 coach that is consistent then you might as well get Brian Van Haaften from Buena Vista in Storm Lake. HE has moved BV from a bottom feeder to always contending for titles. He is always in the NCAA tourney. ONE problem...its freakin D3!

+1,000
Van Haaften is a great coach, but hes a D-3 coach. at least youre smart enough to realize that
im hoping that guy was joking about peth.

Latest posts