Devyn Marble is darn good

glidinghawk

I just replayed portions of the Iowa-Wisky game. I am getting more impressed with Marble Jr. the more I see him. This kid has a tremendous amount of court sense on both ends of the court. He can handle the ball, he keeps his head up, he has outstanding footwork and positioning on D, he has very good hops, and he's tough as nails. Looks like he has excellent communication with his teammates on the court.

By his senior year, young Marble may be one of the best Hawks players ever for the all round game. I would venture to say he will work a lot this summer on his outside shot, since he'll be on the wing next year. But I love his dribble-drive skills and inside dishing, and we'll still see a lot of that next year too.

By the way, is he still growing? I swear he looks about 2 inches taller this year than last year, and it looks like he's taller now than he was in the opening game last November. Looks like he's about 6'7"

Last edited:
Agreed. Whenever we look listless on offense, I find myself screaming at the tv: "Give it to Roy!" He'll either penetrate and kick out, or find a tight corner to feed a player (by "player" I mean Matt Gatens) coming off a screen.

My only complaint was I wish someone would have came out to help him when he got called for 5 seconds. He was unable to shake that defender. That is where it would have been nice to have BC healthy.

My only complaint was I wish someone would have came out to help him when he got called for 5 seconds. He was unable to shake that defender. That is where it would have been nice to have BC healthy.

Thing is he is a year younger coming in and still needs to mature. He is going to be nuts by the time he is a senior.

Latest posts