Deuce Hogan...(non religion version)

Status
Not open for further replies.
He’s got the attitude. If he has the same amount of talent he’ll take the team places.

I’ve had enough timidity at QB to last me a while. We need some more LIOLI. Dead serious.

I’m sick of wondering who’s gonna show up. In 2015 you knew damn well that CJB was gonna go out there and honor his predecessors Tate and Stanzi, and leave body parts on the field if he needed to, win or lose. None of those guys had any fear, and I can handle losing games better if I know our supervisor is willing to lead by example. That shit rubs off on teammates, and former players will tell you that. There’s a reason why guys like Angerer and Greenway would take bullets for Tate and Stanzi even though they never set foot on the field at the same time. We need that back.

Ricky’s honorary captain speech was fucking sacred and it got wasted. Shameful.

I’m glad Rob or someone locked the religious version of this thread. okeefe4prez was talking about Lutherans at his church hating on BF. Hate is very un-Christlike, even for Lutherans.

Unless they’re Missouri Sinners.

(It’s a joke. Lighten up, Francis.)

Hayden brought the Hawkeyes back to respectability which had been agonizingly absent since the Forest Evashevski years. One of the very first things he did was redesign the uniforms to resemble those of the Pittsburgh Steelers, creating a new potent image for the Hawks. Then he instilled toughness into the Hawks which endures to this day.....

He is a Hawkeye legend for the ages and his witticisms will remain with us forever:

From the CR Gazette:

Here’s a sampling of “Fryisms,” not including his famed “lil’ dumpling” or “high-porch picnic” references.

“You just witnessed an old-fashioned rump kicking.”

“We have to be realistic. If we don’t win, life will continue.”

“If you stay with this game long enough, the worm is bound to turn.”

“Welcome to the Salvation Army. I’ve never been associated with an offense so nice about giving the ball away.”

“When it’s football season, I’m all football.”

“We changed our image. At least when we ran out of the field or broke the huddle, we would look like winners.”

“Some folks think we just came to town on a load on wood.”

“When you take over a program that’s been down, you have to plow up snakes and kill ‘em.”

“We’ll take what the other teams give us. We’ll scratch where it itches.”\

Hayden will never be forgotten and let's stomp the Trojans into oblivion in the Holiday Bowl to honor Hayden Fry.....

:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts