Desmond King

I've been saying for awhile now that I won't be surprised at all if he comes back. School is very important to him and his mother, and now there may be a bit of unfinished business in the mix, too.

If somehow we get king and ott back. Lookout. Our d could be really great.

They'd have a legit shot at being the 2nd best defense of the Ferentz era, which is really saying something considering all the good defenses he's had.

Hopes he comes back.

But if the NFL has a high interest in him, coming back would be the stupidest thing he could ever do.

I've been saying for awhile now that I won't be surprised at all if he comes back. School is very important to him and his mother, and now there may be a bit of unfinished business in the mix, too.

I'm with you here. Especially; with the story of what happened to his brother, and him saying this past summer that a degree is important for him/his mother; I could definitely see him return next year. And if Ott comes back... Holy sheet!!

Seth53 really.........the stupidest?

You know what I mean...for his career and future monetary concerns.

Make the dough now. You can always come back and get the degree.

Blow out a knee for the glory of the Black and Gold and, well, you get it I hope.

Hopes he comes back.

But if the NFL has a high interest in him, coming back would be the stupidest thing he could ever do.

The NFL had a high interest in Brandon Scherff his junior year. He wasn't the top tackle in the class but knew he would be if he waited a year. King would likely follow the same path if he stayed.

He's not rated very high right now. The only site I looked at had him as the 9th best CB (if he came out this year). That's 3rd rd at best. Maybe late 2nd rd.

The NFL had a high interest in Brandon Scherff his junior year. He wasn't the top tackle in the class but knew he would be if he waited a year. King would likely follow the same path if he stayed.

Scherff was very very fortunate his knee injury wasn't a career-killer.

Again, high interest means he should go. Other than than, stay.

In a sport like football getting as many INT's as he got...gotta say, I'd go pro. But if he's not expected to go that high it makes sense to stay. So...it'd be pretty nifty if he did!

stole my thunder. get an insurance policy and come back and enjoy a time that you can never get to redo again.

As others said you can get the insurance policy for 2-5 million depending on what you want to spend in premiums. And the insurance company might delay the payments until you are making the dough as I have never heard how they work. D King might love the comaraderie of his Iowa teammates, etc, his mom wanting the degree, etc

Hopes he comes back.

Getting paid to play isn't necessarily the most important thing for everyone. It's funny how so many people chastise the pros for wanting more money, saying they'd play for nothing. But then when someone might actually decide to play just because they love it, they're being stupid.

Getting paid to play isn't necessarily the most important thing for everyone. It's funny how so many people chastise the pros for wanting more money, saying they'd play for nothing. But then when someone might actually decide to play just because they love it, they're being stupid.

Short-sighted, false sense of loyalism, blinders on....take your pick.

It would be (fill in the blank) to risk career-ending injuries for the glory of the Black and Gold.

Ask Dallas Clark, Shonn Greene, and at the other end of the spectrum, Larry Station and Ronnie Lester.

Short-sighted, false sense of loyalism, blinders on....take your pick.

It would be (fill in the blank) to risk career-ending injuries for the glory of the Black and Gold.

Ask Dallas Clark, Shonn Greene, and at the other end of the spectrum, Larry Station and Ronnie Lester.

It really depends on what's important to you. If making millions playing football isn't as important to you as staying in school, getting a degree, chasing a national championship and sharing experiences you only have a short window to get, then staying an extra year isn't stupid.

If making millions is what you want in life, then risking injury is stupid. It's all about what you want to get out of what you're doing. Just because King wants something different than you would doesn't mean he's being short sighted.