Desmond King: Iowa "outcoached"

I have a feeling that this is the match that's going to get this program on fire for the rest of the year. I'm sure that KF will want to bench King for it. I don't think he has the pull to do so.

Every opponent will out coach our offense. We don't change anything to avoid the pass rush.

The defense was outplayed and out coached

The coach is a D bag and the players know it. Guys like King, who have been in the program long enough to start voicing his opinion, is no doubt dividing the locker room with his frustrations--possibly leading to his demise as captain. Can you blame him. This coach may have skills to develop players and teach fundamentals, but this doesn't help on game day. Running the same formations and plays for two decades makes it awfully easy to outplay fundamentals if you beat them to their own spots.

King should be careful what he wishes for. He wants some coaching, he is going to get some coaching.

You can't think it's accidental that most of this started after KF got the extension. If it becomes clear to the best player on the team that KF can't be fired and that KF also can't stop him from playing without getting burnt alive by the fanbase, you might as well let 'er rip on talking about it.

The coach is a D bag and the players know it. Guys like King, who have been in the program long enough to start voicing his opinion, is no doubt dividing the locker room with his frustrations--possibly leading to his demise as captain. Can you blame him. This coach may have skills to develop players and teach fundamentals, but this doesn't help on game day. Running the same formations and plays for two decades makes it awfully easy to outplay fundamentals if you beat them to their own spots.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

You can't think it's accidental that most of this started after KF got the extension. If it becomes clear to the best player on the team that KF can't be fired and that KF also can't stop him from playing without getting burnt alive by the fanbase, you might as well let 'er rip on talking about it.

KF held him out for some of the game against Nebraska last year. That was only the most important regular season game in the KF era. Pretty sure if KF wants to hold him out, the thoughts of the fanbase aren't going to factor into his decision.

Trust me: in this political climate a player could get his way if he really wanted to. The players know it, and the coaches know it.

J. Smith and Scheel both proved they can get deep with the right playcall at right time. We called ONE deep route with play action and extra protection went it wasn't Absolutely an obvious passing situation.

I'll keep repeatin it...ultimately it's on KF...but Davis is not good, at all. 2 decent play calls a game ain't cutting it.

Listen. I'm the last one to defend KF but King should concern himself with cleaning up his own house and not throw stones at others. There's a reason why he wasn't kept as a team captain. I'll leave it at that.

Listen. I'm the last one to defend KF but King should concern himself with cleaning up his own house and not throw stones at others. There's a reason why he wasn't kept as a team captain. I'll leave it at that.
Is it a great move on his part? No. But he's a young talented guy that sacrificed big money to come back for a promise of great things this year..No doubt from Ferentz himself. I would assume he feels he has the right to be frustrated, even publically, when this dumpster fire is allowed to spread.

Latest posts