Desmond King CBS All-America team

bigjim

I was looking at the CBS All-America team today, and I was really surprised that King did not make the cut. IMO King should be on that list. What's everyone else's thought's, should DK be on the list?

He made the AP 2nd Team. I think he needs to be a consensus All-American to be included in the Ring of Honor. Not sure if being on the 2nd Team is included in that definition. I think he made USA Today's 1st Team. If not, he'll have to wait to become a member of the College Football HOF.

Yes. I am biased though. Iowa fans know how much he effected the playcalling and passing game of other teams, unfortunately, he was so rarely tested he had minimal stats for the "voters" to look at. He needed a couple more picks and maybe another TD return or two to get the "voters" to take more notice.

Overall, King was better than he was last year, IMO, he just wasnt thrown at very much. As the defense became even better over the last 3-4 games, King looked better, this was not a coincidence.

King is an All American talent, but it would have to be somewhat subjective to say it.

I just think its a shame that DK didnt make the list or even worse he didnt make the 2nd team list. I agree his stats were a little down this season because teams got wiser with their game plan to not throw the ball his way as much, but IMO that should strenthen and pad his stats for taking away one side of the field quiet a bit this season.

He'll be fine in the NFL after this year, but I'm starting to think he'd have done himself somewhat of a favor by declaring last year. He didn't really gain much in the way of exposure or playing experience this year because he didn't get thrown to. Like I said though he'll be fine, but it's hard to argue with him not being an AA when you look at stats.

Latest posts