Depth Chart for Michigan

Wirfs ahead of Jackson at LT means he's not really ready to go. Same with Koerner over Merriweather. No CBs are coming back. Just as I feared.
I bet they work them in. Goodson RS pisses me off a little. He can contribute now.

I assume this is probably trolling going on in here, but Goodson is definitely not redshirting. He hasn't been listed on the 2-deeps yet this year, but he has the 2nd most RB touches on the team (43, second to Sargent's 63, and ahead of Young's 34). Ferentz has also said flat-out that Goodson will not be red-shirting.

Some of you guys put too much on this depth chart stuff. Put more weight on comments made by the coaches.

There was no reason prior to today to expect any of the injured DBs to play outside of Merriweather. Also no reason to believe Goodson isn't going to keep playing.

I stopped paying any attention to the Oline part of the 2 deeps. They shuffle guys in and out. Wirfs will be in at one tackle or the other and Linderbaum is snapping. The rest is a revolving door of randomness. I just hope Goodson gets more snaps. That dude is a game breaker and no reason to have him collecting dust on the sidelines. The versatility of having a guy like him is off the charts. Put him in motion some with either Sargent or Young out there too. Give them so much to think about. I want him catching screens. Bubble screens. Jet sweeps you name it. But get that dude 10 touches or more a game please and thanks.

Let me let you in on a little secret. Goodson is not redshirting. He's played these first four because he's earned it. If they were planning on the redshirt...he wouldn't have played in each of these games...they would have saved him for when someone got hurt for spot duty.

My guess is that his role continues to increase.

Hankins missing from this depth chart is a serious hurt to the Michigan game plan. He's a big corner that would compete with their big receivers.

Wirfs ahead of Jackson at LT means he's not really ready to go. Same with Koerner over Merriweather. No CBs are coming back. Just as I feared.
Also Goodson not listed, which means RS.
I suspect both of the above statements are wrong. Goodson hasn’t been listed all year and these things are always taken with a grain of salt.

Jackson was suited up on Saturday. My guess is he will start at LT and Wirfs will slide back over to RT.

I don't think so...usually if KF puts them on the depth chart...they are ready to play if they need them. I have a feeling Jackson gets a series early in the Michigan game to see how he looks. If he's the Alarlic we've come to know and he looks solid...Wirfs moves to right tackle and we start pounding people.

I don't think so...usually if KF puts them on the depth chart...they are ready to play if they need them. I have a feeling Jackson gets a series early in the Michigan game to see how he looks. If he's the Alarlic we've come to know and he looks solid...Wirfs moves to right tackle and we start pounding people.

After watching Wisconsin's 10 o-lineman package or whatever it was, I wouldn't be surprised if we try something like that with Alaric at fullback.

I was hoping to see Hankins on this depth chart. Definitely a little concerning. If Hankins and Brents are both indeed out I think we are asking a little too much of DJ Johnson and also most likely LBs covering WRs that we may be in trouble.

Jackson isn't listed at RT because he's not as comfortable on that side as he is on the left.

Also, you all should know by now that Iowa football depth charts are written in chalk.

1409098363000-Kirk-Ferentz-Notes.jpg

I hope you're right. The ISU loss to Baylor has me shook.

I assume this is probably trolling going on in here, but Goodson is definitely not redshirting. He hasn't been listed on the 2-deeps yet this year, but he has the 2nd most RB touches on the team (43, second to Sargent's 63, and ahead of Young's 34). Ferentz has also said flat-out that Goodson will not be red-shirting.

Dude, I don't troll on purpose. I'm legitimately worried about this game if we aren't 100%.

Latest posts