Delvon Simmons' fbook post

thejumper5

If you don't want to be hassled by people you don't know, don't allow them as friends. Pretty simple.

if you allow everyone to be your 'friend', then you are gonna get some of this.

Agreed. These kids aren't required to add anyone they don't want to. I have Friend Requested a number of athletes (including many potential recruits) and more have rejected me than accepted me. Those that have rejected me probably want to stay private. Those that have accepted me probably don't care about letting people see stuff; however, if they do, they shouldn't be accepting every random person. On the other hand, to post random stuff on people's walls (and just from seeing a few profiles, including Cyrus K this year and Seantrel H last year, Iowa fans are probably the most annoying in this regard) is out of line, IMHO. I can't see how that is appropriate or beneficial.

PS--This was posted at almost 11 PM and should follow the 9:20 PM post by ISUhawk. It should not be the opening post of this thread.

Last edited:
"I don't want anybody else's opinion on where they want me 2 go 2 school please I'm going 2 school where I want 2 go 2 school so stay tha f*** out my business Ight"

Pretty funny stuff right here. Pretty true also. Any info on his top two?

Then quit posting your **** life on the internet for everyone to know about and comment on. This is what happens when you think you want to be a celebrity.

Good for him, I'm not sure if he is referring to people on Twitter or facebook, I understand having an interest in the players the Hawks recruit, but if your stalking them on the social networks and even making comments or suggestions, I think your social life is out of order and make some friends where you don't have to log in to hang out with them. Just my opinion.

If you don't want to be hassled by people you don't know, don't allow them as friends. Pretty simple.

anyone cruising facebook for info on players or recruits gives me the willies. Creepy as hell.

Compared to someone that owns a pay site, calling recruits, emailing them, following on twitter, being friends with them on fb then reporting the info on their site? I would think that being friends with someone on fbook is less creepy than that. Social networking is the easiest way to get info now...

Compared to someone that owns a pay site, calling recruits, emailing them, following on twitter, being friends with them on fb then reporting the info on their site? I would think that being friends with someone on fbook is less creepy than that. Social networking is the easiest way to get info now...

Wrong. one is a job, the other is "friending" someone you don't even know. Very different. If a person has talked to the recruit or even met them, then I would say it is fine to be fbook friends, but when you have never met the kid and it is not your line of work to find recruiting info, then it is CREEPY

anyone cruising facebook for info on players or recruits gives me the willies. Creepy as hell.

Yes, it is. 40 something guys from Iowa cruising 18 year olds facebook pages is just really weird, in my opinion.

Also, commenting on some kid's facebook page about "coming to Iowa" or something can't be helpful. I can only imagine it would irritate the kid.

Yes, it is. 40 something guys from Iowa cruising 18 year olds facebook pages is just really weird, in my opinion.

Also, commenting on some kid's facebook page about "coming to Iowa" or something can't be helpful. I can only imagine it would irritate the kid.

How is it any creepier than young girls cheering fanatically for R Kelly?

Well good thing I'm not even close to 40 or any old age...look at how many friends these dudes have...do you think all of them are people they have met? I would say %50 percent of my fbook friends are people that I've met once or twice. Unless you've been in college within the last three years you really don't know how people use facebook...your just out of your element donnie...

But I agree with people saying stuff on his wall...that is pretty lame. Facebook is the exact same as following someone on twitter but there are pictures...

Last edited:

we really are done as a society.

Well good thing I'm not even close to 40 or any old age...look at how many friends these dudes have...do you think all of them are people they have met? I would say %50 percent of my fbook friends are people that I've met once or twice. Unless you've been in college within the last three years you really don't know how people use facebook...your just out of your element donnie...

Never understood that. Why be friends with someone you've never met? What's the point. Will you magically become BFFs since you can read a profile? Don't get it.

I had a bunch of young, attractive, random girls request to be my friend when I joined FB. I didnt accept the request because I thought they were confusing me with someone else. Then I found out that its most likely prostitutes casting a line.

I dont have a problem with older people making friend requests of athletes in college. Its fairly harmless. Its those same group of older people that buy the tickets and make the donations that provide them with their scholarships.

I do like his FB remark. Pretty funny.

This whole social networking thing is cracking me up. There are cyber-Hawkeyes stalking these kids using the Internet and then posting their info on message boards with the claim that they have contacts "inside the athletic department". What's sad is how eager people are to fall for these frauds.

I don't make it a habit, but how is this any different than searching the newspapers or internet sites trying to get a quote from a recruit? Twitter or FB is directly from the source!

Why are people assuming that it is an Iowa fan the Delvon is referring to? Am I missing something or is "Ight" a Hawkeye poster?

Why are people assuming that it is an Iowa fan the Delvon is referring to? Am I missing something or is "Ight" a Hawkeye poster?

Because IT IS Iowa fans. Not just Iowa fans, but there are TONS of Iowa fans doing this.

Josh Harvey, of Scout.com even pointed it out several weeks ago. Several Iowa fans were writing on recruits walls.

I would suggest the idiots doing this should probably stop...