Define Tavern hawk

How about Taverhook? (75% of Longhorn fans)

Taverndomers? (95% of Notre dame fans)

Tavernhuskers? (90% of cornhusker fans)

TavernTide? TavernBucks? TavernSooners?

Better to have fans by choice, and be amongst the schools listed above, than to just be stuck with fans actually affiliated with the school (and *not* have 'tavern' fans), like this group:

Eastern Illinois. Louisiana-Monroe. Florida International. Iowa State. Eastern Michigan. Georgia State.

Can someone who is more learned, maybe from grand view or Simpson explain how to pronounce the w? Is it like RobHowe-kai?

well - as a simpson and drake grad - both excellent institutions of higher learning - I pronounce them the same - but hell, I live in the south now - and I am lucky if people here even know where Iowa is - so I am surrounded by idiots

This has probably been said already, but here goes...

Tavern Hawk: A term coined by Cyclone fans to get over their butthurt that Iowa won over the state with on the field, court and mat performances, turning a blind eye to the fact that every major university's fanbase is comprised mostly of proud residents of the state the university represents and instead they try to use it to shame people. It helps that they also claim Iowa fans are "arrogant" when the very reason for the term "Tavern Hawk" points out their arrogance.

Hok: NOT used to poke fun at Hayden or those ISU MENSAs would know to use "Haukeyes" but instead points out their idiocy even more as it must be typed to try and cause insult due to it sounding the same as "Hawk" when pronounced correctly. I would have gone with "HokeyPokeyes" if I were them and trying to insult Hayden...cept it sounds too cool.

Better to have fans by choice, and be amongst the schools listed above, than to just be stuck with fans actually affiliated with the school (and *not* have 'tavern' fans), like this group:

Eastern Illinois. Louisiana-Monroe. Florida International. Iowa State. Eastern Michigan. Georgia State.

Don't forget Northwestern. You go to a 'Cats game and prolly 98% of the people there (other than visiting fans) are NU alums or their families. The other 2% are people who live in Evanston, Skokie or Wilmette and are looking for an excuse to get trashed on a Saturday. But no one in that group will travel more than 5 miles to go to a game. The NU fans, being reasonably intelligent in some respects, realize that they need TavernCats to become fans or else their program will wither and die because the school has so few Chicago area alums. They would kill to have the fan base of TavernHox or TavernBadgers that Iowa and Wisconsin have because that is how you fill up the stadium and sell a lot of merchandise. But, similar to ISU, being a Northwestern fan is nothing but a road to completely bitter despair, and is probably a fate worse than being a Cubs fan.

Nawww....I'll vouch for OK4P. He's partied with us many times at Iowa FB and BB games.

His only issue is not getting enough leash time from mama to attend.

His mom's also cool BTW.

I have seen this a few times but who does he actually root for? Most days he comes across as a troll and then there are days he actually shows some knowledge of Hawkeye history. Does he just like partying and trolling us Hawk fans or is he a fan himself?

Based on the definition, I am not a TavernHok. I'm not really sure what I am. Someone help me.

I was born in Iowa and grew up here.
I grew up cheering on the Hawks. Instilled at birth.
Parents were both Iowa Grads.
I did not attend U of I. (UNI)
I am a Hawkeye Football Season Ticket Holder (and have been for 10+ years)
I have only watched one Hawk game in a "Tavern". Ever.

What am I?

Based on the definition, I am not a TavernHok. I'm not really sure what I am. Someone help me.

What am I?

Tavernhok here, you obviously know WAY more than I do about the Hawkeyes and your opinion counts more than mine since you lost me after your 2nd qualification.

Let me know where you are sitting next Sunday I want an autograph. :D

What am I?

Tavern Hok. Let me 'splain this again - you DID NOT GO TO IOWA and YOU HAVE WATCHED A GAME IN A TAVERN.

I have seen this a few times but who does he actually root for? Most days he comes across as a troll and then there are days he actually shows some knowledge of Hawkeye history. Does he just like partying and trolling us Hawk fans or is he a fan himself?

Huge fan, brah. You should study things like PTSD and repression of bad memory issues. I didn't handle the Lickliter era or the 2010 football season well.

Latest posts