defense in the last 2 min of game.

Bigtenchamp

apparently our strategy under Fran is "don't foul" but give up lay-ups of open 3's....

We lost this game partially because we didn't make any effort contest their shots or make them use up time to get them off.

Fran's inability to coach defense is pretty remarkable.. but it's not all on him - the player's have been playing serious basketball their entire life and they have no sense of what to give up, when to get up on a guys hip, or when to pressure.

The lack of basketball IQ is contagious apparently

I think they said Iowa allowed 16 points in the last 42 seconds of regulation. Three after three after three.

Guess they just got lucky, though..o_O

I'm I fran I spend 3 hours working on 2 min defense with the lead at next practice...

Then I work on it again and again throughout the week...

apparently our strategy under Fran is "don't foul" but give up lay-ups of open 3's....

We lost this game partially because we didn't make any effort contest their shots or make them use up time to get them off.

Fran's inability to coach defense is pretty remarkable.. but it's not all on him - the player's have been playing serious basketball their entire life and they have no sense of what to give up, when to get up on a guys hip, or when to pressure.

This is one of the worst things.

I'd be the first to admit that my basketball knowledge is limited. I never played past youth leagues due to being more into football and wrestling and just being plain bad at handling the ball. I never really got into college basketball until around 2012 or so, and I've never been a fan of the NBA. So there's two strikes against me.

Even I am dumbfounded by some of the decisions these players make. Sagging on perimeter zone when it's been proven week in and out that it bites us in the ass. Guards making sloppy passes that erase open looks or end up as turnovers. Countless times where we just end up out of control and lose the ball or make a poor drive. The complete inability to box out.

Just mindnumbingly, consistently bad decision making.

Most of those shots were contested and a couple were beyond NBA with weaker close outs (I mean, who wouldn't -- you don't want cheap fouls called, you take the percentages)

The mind-boggling thing is that Fran used no pressure -- not even token pressure to use some time -- in the front court after Iowa made their FTs.

Another weak-ass coaching performance by Fran.

Most of those shots were contested and a couple were beyond NBA with weaker close outs (I mean, who wouldn't -- you don't want cheap fouls called, you take the percentages)

The mind-boggling thing is that Fran used no pressure -- not even token pressure to use some time -- in the front court after Iowa made their FTs.

Another weak-ass coaching performance by Fran.

No the shots were not contested friend... go back and watch. The only shot that I remember being somewhat contested was Bohannon jumped out.. but even he really wasn't close enough to contest it.

On at least two of them they dribbled down the court... stopped and our defenders slid back into the lane 3 feet off balance leaving them pretty much wide open. It was on Fran and the players.