Defense bailed out the offense all year, offense returns favor

BSpringsteen

After the defensive brainfart that let a pass float across the middle of the field into the waiting arms of a Michigan State player, I said to the band that the defense has bailed out the offense all year with huge turnovers at key times, now it was the offenses turn to repay the defense for everything they've done for them.

And did they ever.

this D holds a good team at home to 10 points and you say that it was the offense that bailed out the D? Buddy, what do you want? Should the Iowa D be pitching shutouts? Clayborn was inches from another sack right before mich st fired the TD. Just can't keep your D on the field that long. This Iowa D is the best D i've maybe ever seen at Iowa so whenever this offense is ready, this D is ready to win a championship.

Droid-

I am not saying that had we lost, it would have been on the D, I am simply saying that the secondary totally confused itself on that TD pass, and that the offense bailed out the defense on that one.

Prior to my comment about it being the offenses turn, I said to Clarence and Max that the offense ought to be able to score 14 points... and they did. 15

Latest posts