Decommit numero uno

No surprise there (the decommitting, I mean, not the school choice). He was as good as gone back when he announced he was keeping his options open or whatever.

just opens up the possibility for some other hard working athlete to benefit from a system that continually shows it's amazing ability to develop talent.. not too concerned.

I'm glad he decommited now as opposed to later in the year. At least this gives us the opportunity to fill the spot. After hearing some interviews with the kid, it didn't sound like he truly wanted to be a Hawk anyway.

It kinda sucks, but it may give us a bit better chance to land somebody like Arnett. Our WR class was starting to get a little too crowded to add another.

You know I find it very hard to get too upset or mad at a kid for changing his mind. Its a big decision and if they aren't going to be happy in IC then why would we want them there?
Have fun kid I hope it works out for you.

You know I find it very hard to get too upset or mad at a kid for changing his mind. Its a big decision and if they aren't going to be happy in IC then why would we want them there?
Have fun kid I hope it works out for you.

That's the attitude I take with most kids who decommit, unless they leave in a really low-class manner. The kid has to make the best choice for HIM. If that's not us, it's nobody's fault. It just wasn't the right fit.

i'm sure there will be others. just how it goes, unfortunately. hey, now we can pick up yet another linebacker!

I'm glad he decommited now as opposed to later in the year. At least this gives us the opportunity to fill the spot. After hearing some interviews with the kid, it didn't sound like he truly wanted to be a Hawk anyway.
There aren't too many kids in the nation that don't dream of being Hawkeyes. No big loss. Iowa wanted him as a walkon

Last edited:

Latest posts