Debbie v the Goophs ...bad call or not?

Mini-Pitino not really happy about the foul call at the end. What say you? Good call? (4:37)

Could have went either way, but he looked pretty straight up to me and Palmer made the contact. Thems the breaks on the road in the B1G. I watched most of this game, the Gophers had a chance to put a nail in Nebraska and couldn't get it done.

That's actually tough.. In real time I thought it was the right call. From another angle they showed Palmer notably jumped into defender. The ref that called it was right there he could almost have reached out and touched him so it wasn't that he didn't see it. Just was the way he saw it. One side or the other was going to be hopping mad regardless of it was called that way or the other or if he swallowed the whistle all together.

That one is the basketball equivalent of a ball getting to first at the exact same time as the runner's foot. Can go either way. O jumped into D, and D was moving when contact was made, but you can't call two fouls. The only difference is that in baseball there's no such thing as a no-call, which in my opinion is what the call should have been. Either way, Tim Miles would have been just as pissed if it got called on his goon squad.

You can't be mad about the outcome of the game if you leave it up to the refs anyway.

It all started with the charging call on the other end of the court. There is no way in hell the defenders feet were set in order to take that charge. The foul call at the end put Pitino over the top, honestly I can't blame him.

The offensive player clearly initiated the contact and was trying to draw the foul. The defender did not have perfect verticality, but I did not see a foul. In my view, at that point in the game, you swallow your whistle unless the foul is clear. The ref handed that game to Nebbie.

That said, I have decided that Tim Miles does not have the goods. So, I am rooting for Nebbie to win just enough games to keep him on. And I hate Pitino, so all in all, I enjoyed the violence that was the end of that game.

That was a foul, Neb won........

In all honesty who cares, two irrelevant teams, one not going anywhere in March, the other a straight up bubble/NIT type team.

It all started with the charging call on the other end of the court. There is no way in hell the defenders feet were set in order to take that charge. The foul call at the end put Pitino over the top, honestly I can't blame him.

There seems to be a real epidemic of charging calls where the defender is clearly moving or even moving underneath the offensive player. What ever happened to having your feet set?

That was a foul, Neb won........

In all honesty who cares, two irrelevant teams, one not going anywhere in March, the other a straight up bubble/NIT type team.

Nebby could still make a run. For whatever reason the computers love Nebraska, I think they have a NET rating of 40, and their next 2 games are against Northwestern and at PSU.

Granted it's a long shot, but their win last night at least gives them a chance.

Nebby could still make a run. For whatever reason the computers love Nebraska, I think they have a NET rating of 40, and their next 2 games are against Northwestern and at PSU.

Granted it's a long shot, but their win last night at least gives them a chance.

I'm very interested to see what they do with Nebraska, Oklahoma, and Florida. Those three teams are like a combined 1-20 against Q1 teams, and their overall records suck, but are right around 40 in the NET.

That is tough. Shooter jumped into him, I think, but that's after watching a replay several times. To have to make that call live is really difficult. That defender never should've been that close to a last second shooter anyway.

Was that coming out of a time-out? If so, it's Little Ricky's fault for not reminding his players,
"Don't foul a jump shooter."

I'm very interested to see what they do with Nebraska, Oklahoma, and Florida. Those three teams are like a combined 1-20 against Q1 teams, and their overall records suck, but are right around 40 in the NET.

With 36 at large bids to fill I'm sure one or two of them might sneak in.

Ever since they expanded the tournament those bubble teams look rough.

Those late 50/50 calls are almost ALWAYS going to go in favor of the home team. If you're the road team, you need to get enough separation in score to not allow the refs to decide....otherwise, you're just setting yourself up for disappointment.

Pitino should be more upset that his team let Nebraska shoot 50% from the floor than he should be against a bang-bang play that gets called against his team on the road....

Bad call.

Offensive player jumped into Coffey. Should have been a no call. While Coffey’s arm was not vertical, his arm is not where the contact was made.

There seems to be a real epidemic of charging calls where the defender is clearly moving or even moving underneath the offensive player. What ever happened to having your feet set?
Moving under an airborne player is a charge, obviously. Lateral movement is supposed to be determined by who reaches the spot first; feet don’t have to be set.

The called fouls that drives me absolutely nuts is when the ball handler’s and defenser’s feet get tangled and the defender is always called for a foul. Anywhere else that happens on the floor and it’s a no-call. Especially if it’s Dirty Duke and Wisconsin

Moving under an airborne player is a charge, obviously. Lateral movement is supposed to be determined by who reaches the spot first; feet don’t have to be set.

The called fouls that drives me absolutely nuts is when the ball handler’s and defenser’s feet get tangled and the defender is always called for a foul. Anywhere else that happens on the floor and it’s a no-call. Especially if it’s Dirty Duke and Wisconsin

Did you misspeak? Moving under an airborne player is a charge? That's the dirtiest kind of foul.