Dear Phil Parker - Thank You for 2016

Well if we can do better on offense then the defense should be even better,a lot of 3 and outs this last year.

I'm going to narrow this conversation down a bit and see if it takes. I've liked Phil Parker's aggressiveness in certain situations, and he has put together some good defenses. But has anyone else noticed the inconsistency of tackling since he took over from Norm? I recall him once being quoted about looking to recruit aggression, and that he likes guys who are willing to leave their feet to put a hit on someone. That's exciting for fans, but it often doesn't bring a big-time running back to the ground. I've enjoyed some of Brandon Snyder's direct hits as much as any of you, but generally Phil Parker defenses produce more whiffs and way more running backs pinballing off a tackler who doesn't wrap up than I saw from Norm's defenses. Give me Phil's propensity to dial up a blitz or produce a new wrinkle, combine it with Norm's defenses' tackling fundamentals, and then we'd have a D that could combine with even this year's offense to make a top-25 team.

Latest posts