Dear God, I'm Depressed About Iowa BB

ChosenChildren

I've been sticking up for Coach Lickliter all year and i have tried to stay positive. I really have tried (it is almost like being in some sort of rehab program).

This game tonight truly depressed me. We just got annihilated. Blown out. Men against boys. No emotion. No hustle. Nothing. Nada. Zippo. In fact, I almost felt that Bo Ryan felt sorry for us -- did you see him interact with Lickliter after the game? Wow - we stunk it up.

I am losing hope. How can we be so good in football and so hopeless in basketball? Perhaps we are just young and will improve, but it is so hard right now.

Thank God spring football is just around the corner.

I've been sticking up for Coach Lickliter all year and i have tried to stay positive. I really have tried (it is almost like being in some sort of rehab program).

This game tonight truly depressed me. We just got annihilated. Blown out. Men against boys. No emotion. No hustle. Nothing. Nada. Zippo. In fact, I almost felt that Bo Ryan felt sorry for us -- did you see him interact with Lickliter after the game? Wow - we stunk it up.

I am losing hope. How can we be so good in football and so hopeless in basketball? Perhaps we are just young and will improve, but it is so hard right now.

Just think, 10 years ago it was the exact opposite.

You have given me reason to hope - Iowa football went 1-11 in 1999 I believe.

We are really going to have to improve to even be competitive in the Big Ten next year

I'm in the exact same boat as you on this one.

You have given me reason to hope - Iowa football went 1-11 in 1999 I believe.

We are really going to have to improve to even be competitive in the Big Ten next year

It's all about having the right coach. With that, we will be fine. I just am starting to believe that there is no way we are going to have a good team, much less a good program, while Lickliter is our coach. I hate to say it, but I can't see the hope anymore. Games like tonight just make me see how inferior we are physically compared to teams in the upper-half of the conference, youth or not.

We all want to win. Some of us have had doubts with our recruiting from early on...but still hoped to be wrong. I do not blame anyone for hanging in there with this team..they are nice kids...but I just do not have confidence lick will turn this quick enough..

Not sure what you're talking about. If you watched the BTN broadcast you saw Ryans back.

Last edited:

Latest posts