Dear America: Iowa Doesn't Care What You Think

I like this side of Jon. I can't stop laughing that Hawkeyenation is fuming for the fact that commentators said out loud what has been typed on this board a thousand times. Sports . . . it takes crazy to new heights. My take is that any school in a P5 conference that goes undefeated should be in the CFP. For the record I'm glad we're in the west division. I chuckle at all those who whine about it.

muppets-in-text.jpg

Dang Jon....Don't you realize we are going to still hate Iowa's schedule no matter what you write?

Seriously, that was a great article Jon. They can say all they want and it does not matter. The Hawkeye Community is loving this season!

I did enjoy it and enjoying the heck out of the season.

Already talkin about going to Indy if we make the B1G ship and I wouldn't miss an appearance in the CFB playoffs or the Rose Bowl so some fun weeks to come!!!

I like this side of Jon. I can't stop laughing that Hawkeyenation is fuming for the fact that commentators said out loud what has been typed on this board a thousand times. Sports . . . it takes crazy to new heights. My take is that any school in a P5 conference that goes undefeated should be in the CFP. For the record I'm glad we're in the west division. I chuckle at all those who whine about it.
You fight with family but you always love them. But if an outsider picks on your family? It's on.

Sure is funny how they were talking about Pitt.,Wis. and NW. Being so good until we beat them,now there not very good.NW beats Stanford and there still ranked,amazing.Just doesn't seemed to be any love for Iowa outside of Iowa.We care but screw them just keep winning and maybe they will show us some love.

Listening to a College Football show, today on Sirius, raving about Pitt and Narduzzi.
The only team to eat Pitt was only mentioned once.

Laughing out loud how Alabama's loss to Ole Miss is now discounted, as Ole Miss falls further.

Well I've watched Alabama play, they are big fast and very talented. Yes they put up a stinker against Ol miss, lots of teams drop a turd during the year - even alabama. I think they're the best team.

Sure is funny how they were talking about Pitt.,Wis. and NW. Being so good until we beat them,now there not very good.NW beats Stanford and there still ranked,amazing.Just doesn't seemed to be any love for Iowa outside of Iowa.We care but screw them just keep winning and maybe they will show us some love.

It takes people time to buy in to a perennial 7 win program

That was one of the best articles you've written Jon. Maybe not the best prose but it expressed those sentiments that we, Hawkeye fans have felt for years. Watching how these national blowhards talk about Nebraska, Ohio State, the SEC, USC like they are the only things in football that matter. Yes of course Ohio State is fantastic on offense. They have backups that would start on almost any team in the country! They have 5 star recruits that sit on the bench! Name the last 5 star recruit that Iowa had? Then wax poetic about what a great coaching job is being done at Alabama, USC or Ohio State. The Iowa coaching staff has done more with less than any of those programs have. And to have them act like Iowa is the new Boise State is ridiculous.

Great stuff in there. However, I remember in '09 after we beat Indiana and Terry Bradshaw went nuts about Iowa and the refs cheated Indiana. It seemed when Iowa was unbeaten, the national attitude was anti-Iowa. I see the same if we win the next couple. We aren't "blue bloods". And these ESPN'ers and other national pundits do go a long way in forming the opinions of playoff selection members. I'm just going to enjoy the ride! Let the chips fall where they may.

Yeah, this is not lost on me, either. But I am glad to be back on this side of the ring ropes, swinging at the outside.

Oh how I love it when little ol IOWA gets espn all shook up! How dare we intrude on hallowed football ground! Hawks rest up and heal up because we need to kick some a$$!!!!! Stay focused Hawks and take it 1 game at a time. Hawk fans will be there for ya screaming and a yelling like never before! GO HAWKS!

To be fair...we have not been relevant nor ranked for 5 years, and we are seeing the renaissance up a bit closer than most...and...we are now ranked pretty high and fairly in the polls.

However, most everything Jon wrote does need to be spelled out to the boneheads and blowhards within the natl and larger population based media outlets. Thanks Jon for beating our drum...we will need to continue to shoot out these facts loudly as the season concludes, to lobby for 1 of those 4 coveted playoff spots should we run the tables.

Keep winning and they won't ignore us.

Look I agree the big ten west sucks, but the SEC east is almost as bad, and outside of Clemson the ACC is softer than cotton candy. So all the bloviating about Florida state, Florida and Clemson is unfounded. There schedules are as weak as Iowa's in division.